Chapter 2: Pride And Gluttony

Pride- The excessive belief in one's own abilities. It is the irrational notion that one is essentially better, superior or more important than others and is the excessive admiration of the personal image of one's self.

Gluttony- An inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires. It is the overindulgence and overconsumption of anything to the point of waste, essentially valuing one's own impulse or interests over others.

(Y/n) stared at the male that stood tall and vainglorious in front of the pair, as though gracing them with his mere presence. His violet eyes holding a stern coldness to them as he directed his attention towards the both of them.

The older man politely bowed towards the boy as his voice went down an octave in a show of respect towards the younger individual. "Please accept my sincerest apologies Master Padraig, but this girl approached the premises without permission and tried to break into the-"

"That's not true!" (Y/n) snapped out of her stunned state to turn towards the younger male, realising her chances of an explanation would be most thriving towards the boy. Meanwhile, the uniformed male growled in disapproval before straightening back up to regard the speaking girl with a challenging look. The female ignored his attempts at intimidation before directing her composure towards the impatient looking boy. "I'm here on behalf of my mother. She...had a terrible accident here today and I came here to ask for permission if I could take over her place if possible." She heard discouraging scoffs from the older man that silently sent her distrustful gazes. "Are you the owner or head figure of this house?"

At the sound of her inquiry, the boy immediately puffed out his chest and raised his chin in a strong posture. "You have a good eye for spotting an elite and magnificent aristocrat such as myself. Of course I would be deemed the authority figure around this place. You might even say I own this building based on how much I take charge for it." The boy loudly stated, keeping on beat with his flowing and superior tone as he crossed his arms in an elegant finale. "Nori, you can trust that I'll take over from here. This business shall be delt with accordingly thanks to my exquisite interrogating skills...now step off my precious masterpiece before you ruin the cement!"

The man immediately stepped away from the podium of the statue and took a gracious bow in an apologetic manner. "A thousand apologies Master Padraig. But Sir, please rethink your consideration of the girl, she clearly doesn't go to St Mary, I do not think-"

"I have a letter and ID." The female interrupted the suspecting man, earning an inward grunt of disgust from the action, but proceeded with her coaxing. "Please, I simply want to discuss working here in my mother's place until she recovers. I have evidence if you need it." The violet eyed male nodded at her proposal before turning his attention towards the aggravated man.

"You can go now Nori, I'll take care of everything from here." With great reluctance, Nori swallowed his protests back at the command of his superior, before acceptingly nodding in respectful understand. As he walked away from the pair, he refused to take his doubtful and conniving gaze away from the girl before disappearing completely.

(Y/n) exhaled in relief as her problems began fixing themselves and prepared to thank the boy who had spared her before noticing an aggressive scowl was being applied towards her. The girl was slightly taken aback by the insulted look in the male's eyes and thought for a second he would greet her with the same treatment as the previous individual.

"For the love of all that's good and pure, will you step away from my exquisite statue!" The female jumped at the excessive tone he shot at her and laterally hopped off the marble podium and back onto the ground. She gazed at the large figure that loomed under the heavens and felt slight shame from the degrading vocals the male had used to ward her off.