Chapter 34: Added Stress

(Y/n) flopped onto one of the arms of her couch, sinking her uneasy body into the cushiony surface while her mind continued unwillingly racing. She sighed heavily into the fabric, creating a warm circle of thermal exhalation before jumping back up to regard her friend. "Marco, what do you think of this?" She questioned the boy who was thoughtfully inspecting the still unopened package of the phone she had been given.

After some contemplative pondering, he lightly nodded his head before voicing out his opinion. "I think you've got this guy smitten." He informed her, placing down the white box to rest on her lap while she could only stare at it with uncomfortable uncertainty. "What's his name anyway? You really skipped over details while describing the situation you're in." (Y/n) grunted as she threw her head back to rest against the spine of the couch while her mind simmered and lightly bubbled with thoughts.

"His name is...Vince Lamont, from what I know he's a model and-" As she proceeded to turn her head towards her friend, she swallowed down her words to mute into silence when she realised her male companion had his face shoved into her personal space as his wide eyes and gaping mouth were directed to her reveal. The girl stared back at his frozen visage of amazement before jolting in retreat as he proceeded to jump into her.

"Oh my God! There's no way you're talking about who I think you're talking about!" He gleefully shouted as he clung onto her shoulders before rather harshly rattling her to further spill on the subject. "Girl! Please don't be screwing around with me! I can handle Maeda's mind games but I cannot do this with you! Tell me it's not him!" He desperately requested, holding his wide and fixated gaze intently on his friend.

"What are you talking about...?" She questioned slowly and carefully, anxious to further ruffle the boy into intense panic. Marco quickly darted his head around the area before grabbing his phone from one of the couch cushions. The female was still frozen in her sunken and stiff position out of the remanence of shock from the male's miniature attack. She gapped at him while he quickly seemed to type up something unseen on his phone before he threw the device into her face, causing her vision to forcefully adjust on the image that was displayed on his screen.

She managed to recognise the elegant image of a young man whimsically staring into the camera while a dazzling smirk lined his lips as he posed with a luxurious, navy business suit which was trying to be the focal point of the sale but seemed to be overshadowed by the boy's natural photogenic appearance. (Y/n) nodded her head to confirm that her mentioned suitor was the man being presented to her on the picture, causing Marco's expression to twist into one of amazement, disappointed jealousy and excitement. He jumped on top of the couch, causing the female to reflexively flinch at the sudden burst of movements as he loomed over her in an anticipating tense posture. "(Y/n) don't mess with me, please tell me you're not screwing around." He whined fearfully that the reveal would have been a sick joke on the girl's part.

However, to his further astonishment, she forebodingly shook her head to deny his accusation. "No, I'm not messing around. That's the Vince I was talking about." At her confirmation, Marco fell on his knees on top of her, straddling the stupefied girl before he grabbed her by her shoulders and urgently clenching them as he looked into her dismayed eyes with a serious and stoic look.

"Marry him." He bluntly requested, making the female stare at the completely earnest boy with disbelief and confusion.

"What?"

Marco edged closer to her, causing the female to try and melt into the furniture in order to escape the boy's overbearing insistence. "You cannot pass up this once in a lifetime chance! (Y/n), you will never find another opportunity like this for as long as you live!" He edged closer to her, holding a desperate expression as he attempted to cram sense into her bamboozled mind.