Chapter 14: Progressive Interactions

The girl ran into the building with panting breaths, feeling the food inside her churn with protest for the unwanted exercise. 'Ugh...I need to start immediately, I've already lost enough time.' Taking out her schedule she scanned over her duties, a sigh of slight relief surging through her. 'Alright, so I had to clean up the stairs and the central passage.' She smiled to herself as she recalled cleaning the area the previous day, minimising the workload for her in the time limit she was already put in.

However, as she looked over the rest of her final tasks, the girl's blood thickened, stopping the flow inside her body as she noticed the bedroom she was mean to clean up. The female slightly gulped as she knew there would be a specific individual that would strictly get out of his way to prevent her from approaching the said area.

"Is everything alright?" She was surprise by a voice softly regarding her, making the female spin around to identify the startling individual.

"Eban, you scared me..." She silently uttered, allowing the boy to inspect over her tasks as a smile made its way to his lips.

"So you'll be working on our room next. You'll be keeping to your promise today, right?" He questioned, watching for the girl's response with an expectant grin.

(Y/n), however, was far from enthusiastic over the prospect of nearing the boy's covetous sibling. As the girl's downcast expression lifted up to look into the pleased male's features, she nearly jumped back at the close proximity that he had brought his face. Eban held a calculative look, his jubilant smile replaced by an unreadable frown as he gazed analytically at the girl. "E-Eban-?"

"There's something bothering you...what's wrong?" He questioned, earning a blank stare from the female. (Y/n) attempted to wave off the concern as she tried to articulate the correct response to denote his assumption. "There's someone in this house who's making you feel uneasy, isn't there?" The girl's eyes gaped at him as he showed no hesitance with his postulating guess.

"No, no. It's nothing like that. I...was just worried over what the butler would do if I didn't finish my tasks in the next few hours..." She reassured him, seeming to unsuccessfully nullify his suspicions. Eban carefully scrutinised the girl with his gaze, giving her great discomfort as she felt her frontage bare for him to dissect. After a few moments of stilted silence, Eban returned her dismissal with an unfooled smile that would allow her unconvincing act to slide.

"If you say so. But please do share with me if you ever have any troubles with someone. I want you to feel safe around here, OK?" He reassuringly smirked, giving the girl a gentle pet on the head before turning around to allow the female her own space to consider her issues.

Once she was sure the male had completely left her on her own, the girl looked back at the schedule to be left unnerved at her duties. 'Hopefully Gennai won't try and do something odd again...' As she turned around to make her way to her next task, her heart sunk to her toes as her eyes were faced with a pair of bright golden ones.

Gennai held a kind smile towards her, playfully rocking back and forth on his feet as he kept his hands clasped behind his back, expectantly watching the female like a form of entertainment. To the girl's surprise, the male showed no hostility towards her as he simply grinned at her with a placid smile. "Hello."

His levelled tone and sweetened vocals caused deep alertness for the girl as she felt uncertain as to his intentions. "Hello..." Gennai looked past her, down the hall, as though following an invisible figure that was walking away.

"I noticed you were talking with big brother again. Anything interesting you might have said?" His innocent curiosity raised alarms in the female's head as she tried to shake her head to assure him she had not blurred out his behaviour. Gennai's smile further widened at her response, satisfied with hearing her hushed demenour over the subject. "I see. It's good to hear you're not having a bad time around here..." (Y/n) nodded, urging for her feet to move out of the area and away from the illusive boy, however, was stopped by her own nerves and stiff limbs. The male kept a sweetened exterior, holding his entire body language open to her like an unsuspecting individual. Gennai looked to the side in a thoughtful manner before turning his chirpy features back towards the girl. "Hey, do you want to know what I learned in school today?"