Chapter 6: First Day

Saturday, May 28th

"B***h! You've got some explaining to do!" (Y/n) tried to block out the frantic shouts and aggressive tones of her friend as she continued banging on her door with as much force as she could muster. Mai looked up from the puzzle she was busying herself with to see her older sister attempting a sneaking get-away through the living room window.

"Sissy, I think Maeda is looking for you." The female hushed the girl down as an indication to lower her tone. Mai stared at the female as she firmly held onto her bag and prepared to make her grand escape. "Are you leaving already? I'll tell Mikah, when he wakes up." The small child promised as she exchanged departing words with her carer.

(Y/n) quietly made her way out from the side of her house while still keeping a selective range of awareness at her friend's location. 'God, what is up with her this morning?' The female sensed it to be harshly unfair to completely disregard the agitated calls for her, however,, knew she would regret it even more if she were to give the girl the attention she demanded. So while the fuming guest proceeded to waste her time with lightly banging on the door, (Y/n) walked onto a road from the back of the building to make her way to the bus stop.

As she hid from the upcoming summer heat under the small shelter, the female gazed around her to see a small number of children making an early start to their day. She watched the energetic small group in light nostalgic admiration as though being transported in her own years of careless splendour. Amidst her daydreaming, she was interrupted by the sound of wheels coming to a squeaky stop in front of the simplistic structure, to welcome the girl aboard.

The female slightly gulped as she felt her veins fill with an excitement and reluctance that drove her onto the vehicle. She quickly found a space near a window in the -mostly- empty bus and proceeded to stare out of the glass barrier, making herself physically comfortable for the long journey.

The moment her stiff foot connected with harder ground, she felt her body twice as heavy as her leg muscles became accustomed to her weight once more. Stretching to and fro each one of her joints, she inwardly complained about the constant routine she would have to get habituated with if she were to travel each day. Once her legs began automatically moving towards the direction that they memorised, she was slightly surprised to see an individual standing outside the gate in what seemed to be an awaiting of the sort. Closing the gap between herself and her greeter, recognition soon seeped through, in the form of her escort from her previous visit.

Zak courtly greeted the female with a patient smile that was underlined with relief that his endurance was rewarded. The male gestured for the girl to follow in his lead and proceeded to engage in a flowing conversation with the young teenager. "So, are you excited on your first day, or do you feel a bit nervous?" He inquired her with a  quizzical gaze. The girl uncertainly, however, turned her sights to the ground as she found the pinning of an exact emotion an impossible feat. "You shouldn't worry, I and the other staff here are ready to help at any time you need."

"How many people work here?" (Y/n)'s urging curiosity stilled the male's thoughts for a second as he quickly gathered the small handful of members that watched over the building.

"There's only a few members of staff. We're each assigned students that we mainly work for and have to completely comply with." After noticing the coaxing look in the female's eyes, he felt obliged to thoroughly explain the system to the fresh intelligence. Zak cordially opened the entrance to the building for the pair of them to take a momentary rest at the central passage. "It's not difficult to understand. For example take me: I'm the servant, however, I mainly have to comply with the orders of Master Eban and Master Gennai. I am also required to comply with the rest of the students but my main concerns and top priority are the brothers." The girl nodded as the information began clicking into place within her mind and allowed the female a better grasp of the scheme that ran the compound.