Chapter 26: A Book Of Stars

(Y/n) gradually made her paces down the corridor, mentally noting to herself the rout of her next obligation on the schedule. Upon turning a corner, her body was compressed against a soft surface that she did not recall being there in the past.

Looking up to decipher the identity of the larger body, she stared into a muted green eyes of her superior that was looking down at her intrusive form with reflective puzzlement. "Pardon me." He excused before courtly taking a few steps to allow the girl her personal space. The younger worker displayed an equally apologetic smile before waving the harmless collision off.

"It's no problem, Nori. How has work been today?" She inquired over the male's own routine, being replied to by an exasperated, deep exhale.

"As the head staff member, my job mostly consists of sorting out documents and balancing between serving the young masters. So far, work has been exhausting since the morning." He bitterly explained, causing a sympathetic gaze to fall on him by the girl.

"I'm sorry to hear. I'm sure it'll get better." She tried to encourage. Nori gave a polite, understanding but incredulous smile before footsteps quickly approached the pair in urgency.

"Nori, I need you to order me a few kilogrammes of rapid setting cement and Alginate Mould. It's crucial that it comes today." The head worker crinkled his expression in agitation before composing himself enough to turn around and regard the student in question.

"Is there any possibility you can wait until Monday Master Padraig? I have assignments I need to finish and it will take me a while before I find a supplier that works on the weekend down town." The man hoped to barter, only for the boy to cross his arms in defiance.

"It must be today. Now stop wasting my time and go find the materials." He demanded before refutably turning his back to him in disclosure to the conversation, forcing his request on the worker. Nori watched with stoic irritation as the young boy departed from the area, settling his command on the male with absolute necessity.

(Y/n) worriedly looked towards the man who stood stiff and motionless, hoping by some miracle that his duties would clear for a moment for him to relax, only to be failed by reality. "Nori, are you ok?" She questioned the unresponsive male.

Nori proceeded to calmly walk towards one of the balconies, remaining out of sight from the confused girl's vision, but did not have to hold her breath before hearing a small clinking sound resonating from afar. "Lith, what happened?!" She heard the sculptor's distant voice shouting in the background before watching a pleased looking butler emerging from the balcony, with a satisfied smile.

"Quite so." He answered the amused female before passing her by to complete the tasks he was assigned. "Don't forget to work on the study." He reminded her before striding away to his own business, allowing the female her peace of lonesome before she encouraged herself to transition to the next responsibility.

Ending her journey to the door in interest, she entered the new room to proceed on establishing its requisite for her labour. Once she was within the room, the female was left to marvel at the ornate and ancient aesthetic that coated the surroundings. She watched the antique shelves that were filled to the brim with books, covering each wall before looking down at the floor to see a Balkan Embroidery rug sprawled across the area of the wooden floor with a golden fringe lining the boarder. Her eyes trailed across the timber furniture and the voluminous globe that stood to the side of the room, creating a sophisticated aesthetic.

An intrigued smile spread to her lips as she further entered the environment. Her sights were drawn to the numerous books on the shelves, glossing over the fairly new looking covers and pages, along with the more antiquated of the other majority of literature and writing. Admiring the intricate charm of the entire structure, she took down one publishing in hopes that she was permitted to inspect the book.