Chapter 4: Greed And Envy

Greed- An excessive pursuit of material items and wishing one had more power over the people around them. It is an inordinate desire to acquire more possessions than one needs, regardless if it is taken away from someone else.

Envy- A desire to want what others have, be it status, ability or possessions, on the expense of another individual's joy if necessary. It is the emotion of desiring another's happiness or possessions in order to gain the same fulfilment.

(Y/n) stared at the pointed finger that was focused on her form. The girl was at a confrontation with a young boy who adorned a set of bright, golden eyes that refused to take their scrutinising sights off of the frozen female.

The boy kept his hands steady as he accusingly directed his index finger towards the girl, holding a strong stance of alertness. The female was still pressing her forehead against the door in an uncomfortable manner, keeping still as though her temporary paralysis would ward the male away.

"Step. Away. From the room!" (Y/n) quickly flung her body back in an immediate reaction as she stumbled away from the said compound, processing the sharp tone sent to her. By the time she had distanced herself from the frame, the boy had managed to sprint to the door as he hugged the entire structure in a defensive grasp before craning his head back to glare at the girl. "What did you take?!"

The female had to take a moment to analyse the inquiry and even after replaying the interrogation in her head, was still left wordless. "What...?" The boy swiftly turned back to the door to assess its appearance before fervently scowling back at the bewildered girl with a denouncing glint in his eyes.

"Thief!" (Y/n) nearly jumped at the loud shrill that irrupted through the air. She stared at the unfounded accusation before vigorously shaking her head in a denying fashion. "Don't try to say otherwise! I saw you trying to break into my room!" The female rapidly rattled her head in a pivoting motion, express her refutal towards the claim.

"What?! No! Why would you think that-?"

"Oh no! My precious treasures!" The boy quickly took a small object out from his pocket, seeming to be recognised by the girl as a key of a sort. After frantically placing it inside the lock of the door, he turned it with one swift motion before bolting within, appearing to forget about the female's presence completely.

(Y/n) stood outside for a few moments in complete shock while trying to regain her understanding over the situation. The girl was then snapped back to the present reality as she heard desperate pants and scattering sounds from within the open premise. The noises of flying objects hitting the ground and other items harmonised around the empty surroundings, like a chaotic chorus. (Y/n) heavily contemplated whether she should enter the area considering his clear disdain towards a stranger's interference.

She made up her mind over the subject as she heard the curious sounds of crashes and thuds along with the boy's panicked voice of concern. Upon entering, the girl nearly stumbled into stacks of boxes and papers along with a junction of items and objects that were mixed into valuable-looking, and worthless. She was nearly hit over the head by a flung set of shirts and had to dodge numerous socks and empty cartons of previous foods before she spotted her accuser logged between the junk that only situated itself on one side of the room.

"I can't see any of my CD cases-! Hold on...there they are!" The boy triumphantly held up the empty cases in relieving excitement before continuing to scout out the checklist of items he had created in his head. The girl fluctuated her sights from one side of the room which was kept in an immaculate and tidy condition compared to the other side which was covered in stacks of objects and items, regardless of their state of usefulness.