Chapter 35: Weak Willed

Vince shrewdly eyed his surroundings with enhanced auditory range as his senses tried to pick up on the most obscure of signs of the girl. He slowly walked around the corridors, holding his arms folded below his chest as he thoughtfully gazed around. The young man kept surveillance of his environment in case he would miss a single clue that would lead him to the young worked.

He narrowed his eyes to enter a deep state of thought as he contemplated over what had led to the female's actions and her disappearance. As his mind swirled with unpleasant assumptions and afflicting conclusions he couldn't help but rattle his anxiety over the female's wellbeing and reflexively picked up in pace, fuelled by his concerns.

"You. Student." The older male stopped himself behind the one boy he had managed to stumble across at that moment and regarded him with intent urgency. "Have you seen (Y/n), I need to urgently find her?"

The boy turned around at the inquiring male to grant him with a pair of abhorred eyes and an unwilling frown. "Oh I'm sorry, I don't associate with ugly people." Lilito vexingly mimicked, an overtone of frustrated bitterness soaking his words.

Vince simply gave him a cold, quiet stare before raising a single eyebrow in an unimpressed manner before scoffing. "Now that's a lie, you strike me as the type who talks to himself in the mirror." He declared, sidestepping tell boy as he realised the meaninglessness behind asking him to aid in his search.

Lilito gave a low whistle as a mocking grin spread across his features. "Akai can throw the punches and you can dish out the comebacks. I might want you around for fun." Granting him a promising grin, Lilito watched as the uninterested male passed him to proceed with his search for the girl. As the younger boy steadied his gaze on the man, a frown stitched itself across his lips before his sights hardened at the older male's leaving figure. "What do you want with her anyway?"

Vince stilted at the inquiry, glancing back to regard the boy with a stifled look. "She's my sweetheart, I need to keep a close eye on her to make sure nothing harms my darling."

Lilito's expression morphed into one of utter disbelief as his eyes glossed over with ridicule. "Huh? When the hell was this established? Or do you just feel entitled to have every girl you see?" He narrowed his gaze at the older male, his guard heightening as all that busted in his mind would be the prospect of potential competition.

"She's the only one I desire, she is none of your business." The older male fervently informed before sulking his voice to regard him with the subtle threat.

"What makes her your business?" Lilito dubiously inquired, arching an eyebrow at his company while Vince responded with a conceited smirk.

"She's going to be my future bride."

The house member's features twisted into a weirded out expression that was glazed over with deep doubt. "Man you're delusional." He whispered his ridicule before fixing up his lips in a self assured grin. "I'm sorry Vinny, but you're not the only one who is interested in her. So don't think you can just say that and immediately get (Y/n)."

Vince thoughtfully paused for a moment, allowing the words to wash over him as his mind began piecing the impertinent boy's claims. After a few seconds of silent thoughtfulness, he glanced back to give the student a speculative gaze. "And are you one of these interested people?"

"I might or might not be." Lilito jestingly hinted with a wide smile. When the light air began to settle, he felt thicker clumps of oxygen surrounding both their forms as they stood opposing one another. When their watchful eyes began to sharpen their sights with the daggers for glares pointed at each other. "I have my own intents as well. I'm not about to just back down because you come onto the scene."