Chapter 19: End Of A Day, Start Of Another

(Y/n) knocked on the male's door in hopes of receiving a response to permit her in. "F**k off!"

The girl glared at the closed entrance, artificially trying to scowl at the unwelcoming male. She knocked a second time, making sure she shouted her request out before the boy had a chance to rudely reject her. "I'm here to clean, let me in." There seemed to be a long pause after her words, hearing a few aggravated mumbles and grumbles of reluctance before a hard sigh resonated from the room.

"Come in." He begrudgingly answered, allowing the girl take the handle and turn it until she entered the area. The female saw the boy sitting on a chair, lazily watching out of the window the warm weather a pleasant scenery. She looked around the area and noticed that her presence was virtually unneeded as her cleaner's eye could not spot any direct necessity for her services. "If you've got no business here then leave." He declared, refusing to give the girl even the slightest of physical regard.

"Well, I mean...you really do keep your room clean..." She scanned around, wondering whether she truly had a reason to remain in the quarters.

"Then you're free to leave." He bluntly stated.

The female's eye twitched as she realised the male's passive responses were scratching her nerves. She then noticed what the boy was distracting himself with as he lifted a small carton of juice to drink from the straw that stuck out from the cylindrical holder. Raising her eyebrow, she approached the irascible male to engage in some form of communication. "You really like that juice, don't you?" She commented, earning a dismissive glance from the boy.

"What of it?" He bluntly questioned.

"No, it's just an observation." She attempted to smooth out the situation, only concluding to make it more uncomfortable as the stillness between them followed. 'Gosh, the conversations seems so dead...' She gazed around the room, trying to discover some semblance of a topic that would salvage their interaction. "What happened to that violin? Do you enjoy playing it?" She excitedly questioned, hoping it would be the start of some natural small talk.

"Not really." He remarked, continuing to gaze out into the natural world while the female was swift to take on the full weight of the awkward ambience.

'He really doesn't seem interested in starting a proper conversation.' Her forced smile wavered as she felt her hopes of establishing a stable acquaintanceship with the boy faded. 'I don't know what I'm still doing here then. There's no point.' She defeatedly thought. Looking towards the window where the environment held the male's focus, she tried to gather what his attention was pointed towards. "What are you looking at?"

Akai allowed a small moment of silence to pass as he processed a response to her inquest. "A few minutes ago it was so dark it looked like it would rain. Then it suddenly became sunny out of nowhere. It's strange..." He thoughtfully replied, earning an agreeing nod from the female.

"Yeah, the weather has really been weird these days." The girl stood beside the boy as the two gazed out into the bright and vibrant surroundings that finally seemed to match the season of the year. Suddenly, a thought came to the female's mind which she knew would strike a passionate conversation with the male, whether it be for negative reasons or not. "So, did you manage to catch Lilito?"

Akai incontinently clenched the carton of his drink with gripping force, making some of the juice squirt out as his entire body began trembling with rage. "That son of a c**t managed to get away before I had a chance to break a limb! I'll get him when he goes down for dinner and corner him in the kitchen." His sweltering temper and seething nerves submerged to drive the male on edge. "Then. Then I'll make sure to deep fry his face and break his spine. Let's see him try anything after that." The seriousness in his words lead the girl to feel regretful over even mentioning his rival's name but she gave him an unwilling grin to simply try and lighten the mood.