Chapter 9: Mischievous Acts

Sunday, May 29th

"I have sinned...If there's an afterlife I'm definitely not moving on..." The girl commented between cheek rubbings as she tried to subconsciously cleanse her soul. Mai stared at her older sibling with deep confusion as she tried to decipher the meaning behind her mumbled.

"Sissy what's wrong? Did your first day go badly?" The older female gazed towards the open envelope that protruded from her bag, bringing unpleasant chills and flashbacks to the contents inhabiting the writing.

"Mai...promise me you'll never be a cleaner in a playboy's love story." The child furrowed her brow in bafflement in the empty words of her older sister.

(Y/n) rubbed her head as she began rethinking going back to the compound. As the female proceeded to hesitantly pack her bag and place any necessities inside, her attention was grabbed by a figure moving at the corner of her eyes. Turning her sights towards the window, the girl nearly jumped out of her seat at the sight of her female friend climbing through the small opening in the frame.

"Good morning Maeda." Mai cheerfully greeted the intruder as she attempted to squeeze herself into the house through the minuscule gap.

"Hey kid. (Y/n) you come here right now!" The female in question debated in her mind whether she should aid her stuck friend or leave the area while she was still attempting to break in. (Y/n) prepared to quietly flee the scene under the hopes that the spectacle had been nothing more than an illusion of the mind.

"Maeda, what happened?!" A male voice was heard between the feral female's profanities, forcing the (h/c) haired girl to stop in her tracks. She looked back towards the window to see her male friend attempting to help the stuck invader.

"Marco, why did you agree to be dragged into this?" (Y/n) whined, knowing there was no escaping her friends once they teamed up together against her.

"Because Maeda said something about you working for hot guys and I want to know all the juicy details!" The cornered girl stared at her two friends in bafflement before walking over to the window to unlatch the girl that had logged herself between.

"God, how did you find out about them?" She directed her question towards the silver eyed girl who ended up colliding with the ground upon her rescue. Maeda quickly straightened up to look straight into her friend's face with irritated spite.

"I've got contacts! And those contacts told me that you were working under a bunch of hot, young, rich boys. How dare you keep this information to yourself you greedy b***h?!" The female moped, throwing herself into the girl's arms in internal agony. "You were planning to keep this all to yourself. Are we no longer friends (Y/n)?!" The girl in question let go of her intruder  and turned her attention to her more reasonable companion.

"I was going to talk about it on Monday in school, I just didn't feel like texting or calling you guys over this." However, her excuse seemed inefficient for the duo as they refused to take their critical sights off their friend.

"Well, you can start making up for this by taking pictures!" Maeda suggested, earning a wide-eyed stare from her female friend.

"Now, wait I-"

"I agree, we need a visual aid to help us pick out our future lovers." The two females focused their irked glares on the boy at his broken logistics.

"Dude, you've got a boyfriend. Back off." The grey eyes girl commented, earning a pleading look from Marco.

"He might be cheating-!"

"Anyway, we want details and we won't leave you alone until we get them." Maeda kneeled down to look at the clueless child playing on the floor as she brought the younger female closer to her. "And we're taking little Mai as hostage until then. Hey kid! Wanna go to the zoo today?!"