Chapter 10: A Few Meetings

(Y/n) checked on her schedule as she forced her concerns over her promised outing with the dark haired male, to the back of her mind. As she moved onto the second floor of the building, her ears immediately picked up on bickering exchanges the moment she set foot on the landing. Turning towards the disturbance, she was faced with a pair of squandering boys as either of them tugged on a short statue of a goblin-looking creature.

Padraig irrefutably clung to the stone creation as he attempted to shoo away the hoarder that had seemed to set his sights on the limestone creature. "I told you to get your filthy hands off my work of art before I snap your wrists in half!" The sculptor laboriously dragged the statue to its original spot as Gennai kept acting against his motions.

"Come on, this would look awesome in my room. I'll even put it with the lawn gnomes if that makes you feel better." However, the statue's creator seemed far from pleased at the degrading position his work would be placed at.

"I told you these are specifically for freshening up the corridors. Be honoured I even allowed my precious works of art to grace your presence when you walk around. Now don't taint the beauty with your filthy hands!" With a last haul, Padraig unlatched the stiff creature from its abductor and repositioning it back in its rightful place at the side of the walkway.

Gennai clenched his fists in stubborn refutal before suddenly bolting off in the opposite direction, bypassing the girl in his haste. The sculptor remained confused at the action and stayed still to figure out his foe's next move. Once he realised the possibility of him barricading a stone figure, he immediately began following in pursuit.

"Uhm, excuse me...?" (Y/n) called out to the rushing male, temporarily halting him to stare at the female with an irritated and impatient glare. "I'm sorry Padraig, but on my schedule it says I'm going to have to collect the laundry and put it in the washing machine. I'm...a bit confused how I'm exactly supposed to do that." The girl hopefully watched the male for some insight as he eyed the girl before swiftly turning his head away in a dismissing manner.

"It's 'Master Padraig' to you, and I'm not willing to waste my time with a meaningless commoner like yourself. Go bother someone that's on your pathetic level." The boy began strutting away with gallant motions, preparing to leave the female at the clemency of her own assumptions.

'But...I can't find anyone else to ask...' The female debated in her mind whether it was worth her attempt to persuade the self-regarded boy to demonstrate for her. She wasn't quite sure when she would come across another living being and was hoping to finish her day's duties as soon as possible. So, as she sucked in a deep breath to stiffen her own self-worth, she let her desperate vocals call out, "Oh please, can the great Master Padraig help a poor, lost soul like me. And take mercy on a clueless and lowly cleaner with no guidance..."

Her words froze the boy on the spot as it seemed to have triggered an internal conflict within the male. However, no sooner had her words left her mouth, Padraig spun around with a sparkling glint in his eyes as he approached the bluffing girl. "Damn it woman, you do need me. Come! Let it be known that Padraig did not leave an average maiden in need." He placed his hand on the female's shoulder in a confirming manner, committing to his role as her guide.

'You literally did a minute ago...' She bitterly thought, however held her internal comments in as she allowed herself to be led by the boy towards the rooms under his charge.

The pair stopped before a door the girl recognised to be her instructor's quarters. Padraig stared at the structure as he inwardly battled himself whether to allow the female's insignificant presence to step inside his sacred room. After intently glaring at the door with great hesitation, he resulted in opening the entrance for the cleaner to enter.