Go the Distance

I woke up on a Monday morning, ready for my first day! I jumped out of the bad and threw on my casual clothes. I jumped up and down a couple times before I could pulled myself together. I quickly hide the note under my pillow, so no one would find it. I hid my weapons in a tiny scroll for the academy. Yes it might be small, but it can carry a lot of things in there. "This is it, here's my chance." I smiled brightly. As I placed the scroll on my leg and wrapped it with some cloth.

I looked in the mirror, checking to see how I look for my first day at the Fighting Arts Academy. I looked okay. I mean, at least I've changed my taste and style over the years. So, Neji would be able to recognize me but, he can't meet me in public. Especially when everyone there might hate Uchihas and they know that my clan and Neji's clan can't get along with each other. "I wish that we could be together, without being judged by our clan." I sighed to myself.

I walked out of the room the room and to the kitchen where mother was preparing us breakfast as a very fast pace. She was works in the more to which is why we had to get up so early to eat breakfast. Today she's working until an hour after midnight, which is a long time. Sometimes when she's working 24 hours, it scares me. Cause I don't known if she could be hurt out there or anything.

"Okay, here's breakfast. I'll see all of you late at night, I expect you guys to be in bed before I get home." Mother told all of us. "Don't worry, we'll be fine, Mom." Aki smiled as he kissed Mom on the forehead. She canes over to the rest of us and kissed us as well. "I know. It's just that, I wish I could see your school." Mother said, "well, sometime later, right?" I ate all of my breakfast and opened the door for Mom to go. "Have a good day, sweetie." Mother waved to me. "You too." I cheered.

I walked out the house as I was waiting on my brothers to hurry up so we could go! They always take forever. Talking and eating, taking their sweet precious time. I started to throw rocks up in the sky then get prepared for when they come down to my level. When they come down, I'll either kick or punch them into the tree across. I just like to do this when I'm bored or something. It helps my reflexes and what not.

It's been ten minutes since I was out here. The academy doesn't start until an hour. Maybe I just got here a little too early, that's they're taking so long. But still, I just want to get there and see what it's like. I continued to kicked rocks to the tree until I heard a little giggle coming from the left of me. Three girls were walking in front of me which was why I had to stop and let them pass. They looked at me and giggled like I said something funny.

"So, this is the girl Uchiha?" A blonde asked teasingly, "I wonder if she's superior like the rest of them." I looked away, trying not to hear what they have to say. "Hey, you there!" She yelled at me. I looked at her with a disturbed face. "Your brothers were accepted into Fighting Arts Academy?" The one with the two buns asked. I nodded my head. They didn't look to pleased with my response. Like it was a bad thing that they are.

"Damn, I should've known that they will come any day!" The blonde scolded. "Calm down, we don't know if this is actually true." One with the two buns said, "I mean, she's probably dumb and doesn't know what the Fighting Arts Academy is." Dumb? Are they seriously calling me dumb? I stood up in anger and pointed to myself.

"I am not dumb. We did get into the Academy, well, some of us." I said, "besides, who are you guys anyway?" The girls put their hands on their hips and gave me a ugly look. "Yeah right, we'll see about that." One rolled her eyes, "if you defeat any of us, we'll tell you who we are." I rolled my eyes as well. I don't think that it's that important to find out a group's identity. "Like it's that important, I'll find another way." I yawned, "and besides, Tenten, Ino and Sakura, I'll be the best out of the Academy."

The girls looks at me astonished. "How did you know our names?" They asked. "Just a hunch. Nothing really." I shrugged my shoulders. Kiyoshi taught me how to tell other people's names based on their looks. It's a very hard thing to learn because most people think that's impossible, but not to Kiyoshi. You just have to observe the person closely and do a lot of research. "Well, whatever. When you and your brothers get to the academy, no one will like you." Ino grinned.

"Yeah, everyone knows about Uchihas. I thought that all of them were killed by Itachi?" Sakura tilted her head. "Their parents probably escaped or something." Tenten rolled her eyes, "anyway, let's go before we're late." The three girls went along about. They kept on giggling about what they're saying to each other. Oh, please. Jokes on them. Neji likes me. Well, uh, kinda. He just can't show it out in public, that's all.

My brother came out of the house and found me. "Hey ready? Where's your lunch?" Makoto asked. "I keep it in a scroll, so that way I know where it is." I stretched out my arms, "ready?" "Yeah, if we get into the same class, we need to stay together." Aki smiled, "if we're in a class alone, then we need to keep our cool and find each other when we get the chance." "Hmph, you should worry about (Name) since she's still a child." Tsuki folded his arms as he walked in front of everyone, "the oldest should look after the youngest."

Ah, here we go again. "It's too early to put up with your crap, Tsuki." I growled. "Hey, hey. Let's just try to get along, okay?" Kuroko tried to settle me down, "(Name), be calm and Tsuki, stop being shady as usual." Tsuki didn't care. He just want to put his point across and not say anything else. Even if he has to be rude or not. Who am I kidding? He always rude. That's why I try not to let him see me when we get there.

We started walking to the academy for about 30 minutes now. Everyone is sit in the order they were when we started. Tsuki up ahead, everyone else in the middle and Aki walking at the end. I looked over to the older brother and slowed down my pace so I would walk with him. I guess Tsuki might not tell me why he hates me, I ask him.

"Aki. Can I ask you something?" I ask. "What is it? About the academy?" He guesses. "No. About Tsuki. And maybe father. Why does Tsuki hate me?" I ask, "and, I never knew about my father, but who is he?" Aki hesitates on answering the questions. He switched his eyes to a bunch of places and scratched his head. This cannot be a good answer. I looked back down on the ground like I knew what he was going to say.

Aki has always been the "second father" when the real one was gone. He never wanted to hurt my feelings, but let's me have the truth gently. "Because you have a different father than us." He blurted it out quietly, "Our father was an Uchiha, but we don't know about yours." Different father?! So it might not be possible that I'm full blood?! Why didn't anyone tell me this?! "Is that why he hates me?" I asked again. "I'm not sure. That's all the information I could give to you." Aki smiled, "don't worry about it. Your an Uchiha and that matters."

Yeah. I guess it does huh? But I'm not even full blood. Can't wait to tell Neji. I wonder what my father's like though. I wonder what clan he's in. Haruno? Oh no. Uzumaki? Then I might have red hair. Hm, how about Hyüga! Then that would give a reason for everyone to hate me. "Does everyone know about this?" I looked over to him. "No. Only I know. Mother knows the rest of the details that I don't." Aki stretched his arms, "but don't worry about. I doubt she knows much."

I agree. Mom has been getting sick a lot lately. It has to be the working she doing that causes her to get exhausted and looses too much energy and everything she's got. Sometimes when she gets sick more than three times a month, she looses little bits of her memory, like two or three things. Once she regains her health, so does the memory she lost.

I nodded my head in agreement. "I think that my father was a great man." I smiled. "He probably was. Now, let's make our way to the academy." He says.