A Thousand Years

"WHAT?! A HYŪGA?! HOW COME WE JUST FOUND OUT?!" My brothers panicked. It's been a year since Neji and I made plans for our future and now they're comimg true. And by the next week after I graduated, he did too. I told my mother at the time so she knows. That's why she's helping me with this wedding dress I'm putting on for the special day. Which is today.

"Mother, she's seventeen. Are even sure that she's ready to be married?" Kimo asked, "especially to the likes of him?"

"Now now, be nice Kimo. He will be your brother-in-law so just get along with him." My mother told him, "the Hyūgas approved of the wedding. This will be the day that the Hyūgas and Uchihas will be one great happy family."

Heart beats fast

Colors and promises

"Like how the Senju Clan and the Uchiha Clan were?" Tsuki rolled his eyes sarcastically.

How to be brave

How can I love when I'm afraid

To fall

"Exactly. Sure they had some wars here and there and everywhere, but they worked it out at the end because  deep down inside, they loved each other." Mother smiled as she zipped up the dress on me. Something tells me she wasn't good at history. Or sarcasm.

But watching you stand alone

"You're missing the point mother, the point is that she can't marry the enemy at a young age." Aki stated, "what if something happens like if Neji becomes abusive."

All of my doubt

Suddenly goes away somehow

"Oh stop it you guys. I'll always be your little sister. And besides, he won't abuse me. We've known each other since we were kids." I tried to explain it to them. Then, Hinata came in checking on us.

One step closer

"Um, is everything ready? The groom is about to walk the aisle. Hinata qued, "you look so beautiful (Name)."

I have died everyday waiting for you

"Thank you, Hinata. We are now done. So, guys would you go and watch from the audience like everyone else." I smiled at them. The brothers nodded their heads as they went outside until Aki came back in and gave me a big hug.

Darling don't be afraid

I have loved you for a thousand years

"You will always be my baby sister (Name). If Neji starts acting strange, unusual or stupid, you can call on us." He whispers. I rolled my eyes. Big brothers these days.

I'll love you for a thousand more

"I'll be fine." I assured him, "now stop bothering mom and get a wife. Same for the rest of you." Aki smiled as he went outside with everyone. My mother stood there by my side as I looked in the mirror.

This is it. All that dreaming when I was a kid is finally over. Neji Hyūga and (Name) Hyūga. Or maybe Neji Uchiha and (Name) Uchiha. Either was is fine. My mother held my hand as she nodded her head.