Between mother and I

I woke up in my bed, where the sun was shining through the window. I feel a little woozy from the fight last night. I had no idea that I would even feel like this if I used my chakra. Well, at least I feel like my chakra has been restored. But still, I lifted the blankets off of me to take a look at my ankle. Still looks bruised, but it'll be fine

I jumped out of bed for the first day of school, since yesterday was just for grading. I opened up my eyes and put on my clothes. Well, I had to limp,since there was a shooting pain in my ankle coming to my spine. Then, there was another letter setting on my dresser rolled up into a scroll.

I walked over to it with sleepy eyes and tried to read it. Seriously, it's too early to be reading at this time of day. I had to squint my eyes to read what he's writing.

Dear (Name),

Congrats on making it to the S-Class. Although, I really wish you haven't. There are a lot of rough kids and show-offs and they do not respect Uchihas like you. My advice is that you just ignore them and don't get involved, they're only trying to get you off campus, that's all.

Also, I need to meet you after school today, in one of the classrooms, I don't know which though. All of them are hosting a tutor class after school.

From, Neji.

*sigh* Since when did Neji start to get the idea of writing me letters? Not that I don't like the idea, it's just that In had no idea that he missed me that much. Now I'm just blushing in my mind. I'm just glad that I get to be in the same class. That's good news. Cause now I get to be close to him after a lot of years has gone by.

Anyways, I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, where there was no sign of my brother's anywhere.

Huh? That's weird. They're usually out here eating breakfast, waiting for me to get ready. I ran over to their rooms, hoping that they didn't oversleep. Then we have some catching up to do. The school isn't that close to where we live.

"Hey guys! Wake up, we're going to be late!" I called. I stopped by Aki's bedroom and knocked on his door. He's about the only brother that I jump in while he's sleeping. He never gets mad when it comes to me and I can get away with anything. Aki is the oldest and I'm the youngest, so he always has to take care of me since I'm so precious.

"Aki! Aki! Wake up! We're going to be-" I opened the door for me to see the room and the bed was totally empty. The blankets were always neat and tidy like his room. "Aki?" I called. He didn't answer. I didn't see him.

I didn't see anyone when I closed the door to Aki's room. I didn't see anyone when I opened everyone's door to their rooms. I know that the brother that didn't get accepted into the school, usually go out and pick fruit or something. But, Everyone else should be here. I don't understand. Please tell me they did not leave without me. Why would they do that? 

*Cough*Cough*Cough* I heard some coughs coming from someone in the house. It's none of brothers because coughs sounded like they were coming from a female figure. I walked slowly towards the source of the sick noises and turned my head around the corner.

"Mom?" I guessed. She turned around and gave me a weak smile. Her eye's were dark around her eyelids and her clothes were sagging a bit. My eyes switched to her arms, where I noticed that her arms were a little bit weak. They didn't look as muscular as I saw that yesterday. I walk towards her as she reached a hand out for me to hold.

"(Name). Please take me to my bedroom. I feel a little chilly." She fainted and I had to catch her before she fell on the ground.

"Why are you out of bed in the first place? You look kind of sick." I pointed out.

"I was unsure if they left you here, so I wanted to go by myself to the kitchen." She said, "now that you're here you can take care of me for the day."

"Where is everyone? No one was in bed or anything." I explained as I helped to walk in the hallway. Her arms felt a little less meaty. It was like she lost a pint of her muscle. Even I can tell that she's getting weaker with this sickness that came out of nowhere.

"They already went to school. They said that you had to stay here so you would heal properly and rest." Mother answered as we arrived at her bedroom door. Heal properly? I'm fine. I feel like nothing happened. Well, not really. I saw her eyes travel down to my ankle and saw how badly it was. But instead of crying and feeling regretful, she closed her eyes and smiled down.

I opened her door and walked in to set the woman on her bed where she felt warm and comfortable. She crawled under the covers and snuggled her head into the pillows.

"(Name), what so you think of the Hyüga boy?" She asks. Does she mean Neji? But how? She didn't see the letter he sent me the other day. Not only that, but she hasn't seen Neji since he was a child. There's no way that she could ask that randomly reason. I know my mother. When she asks, she knows something.

"Oh Mom, what do you mean by that?" I tried to brush it off and smiled, "you mean Neji?" She nodded her head. I turned my head as I tried to hide

"Where did you get that question from it seems out of the blue for you, Mom." I told her, "are you sure you know what you're saying?"

"I always know what I'm saying. The question is are you even sure that you're not stalling?" She asked me.

"I'm not stalling, I'm just not sure why you're asking me about Neji." I defend myself, "and if I was stalling, this conversation would go even more longer than the both of us expected." I folded my arms so silly, I could hear mother giggled behind the back of her hand.

"Oh, (Name), it's alright, I know about the letter he sent you yesterday and the day before. Aki also told me what happen between you and him at the grading period." She said. My eyebrows we're raised as I'm surprised. How does she know about the letters? I hid them perfectly well.

"I'm so proud of you. Getting into the S-Class at a school you just got to know. However, I'm mostly proud because you found someone that might have in interest in you." Mother smiled as she cupped my cheeks with her soft hands, "you just don't know it, but I think he likes you." My cheeks blushed with a major red and warm up mom's soft but cold hands.

"H-How do you know that?" I asked.

"I've been knowing that, I've been through it with your father. Such a beautiful thing. He was one of my upperclassmen so I always looked up to him and tried my best to get him to notice me. He had other interest in other women that weren't me." Mother looked down in sadness.

"Did you give up? Mother, there's no way you could have given up after all you did!" I told her, "and how did you and father came to be?"

"Oh no, I didn't give up, sweetie. I just killed each of the women that he had interest in until he notice me." Mother smiled with her eyes closed.

"*sweatdrop* how many women did it take?" I asked.

"About fifteen. Never got caught though. Oh, anyway I'm not trying to tell you to kill your rivals (Name). I'm not that type mother. I'm trying to tell you to keep Neji close inside your heart, and try to be friends with your rivals." She explained, "or just have a little competition with them so it doesn't have to be boring."

What does she know about that?! Wasn't she the one who killed hers?! I nodded my head in agreement as I got up from the bed and walked into the kitchen to make her some food, myself as well.

The Fighting Arts does seem like a school where there's lots of room to make rivals. At least there are friends who won't be a burden. And besides, this might be a little fun. I wonder what else I can do at this school. Oh well, maybe tomorrow I'll see.