2

"Rumour has it, you went to summer school," A rather arrogant Charlie Dalton says, pointing an accusing finger at his friend Neil, while sauntering into the small dorm room.

"Chemistry. My father thought I should get ahead," Neil responds, a hint of anger to his tone— though you would never know it.

Pulling out a pack of cigarettes, Charlie walks deeper into the small room, plopping himself down onto Neil's bed.

"So, looks like Nolan granted my wish," Charlie smirks, referring to the school's headmaster, while lighting the cigarette dangling loosely between his parted lips.

"—There's girls at Hell-ton," He finishes, passing the cigarette off to Neil, and blowing the smoke slowly past his lips.

"And what makes you think you stand a chance?" Knox jokes, earning a chuckle from the other boys.

"Yeah, I heard there's only one girl in senior year," Pitts adds with a smile, clearly amused at Charlie's odds— or lack there of.

"Trust me boys, girls can't resist the charm of Charles Dalton," He says rather arrogantly, puffing out his chest, while exhaling the smoke from his cigarette through his nose.

"How about instead of talking, we go and introduce ourselves," Neil suggests, taking the cigarette from Charlie, and grinding it against the glass ashtray that sat atop his desk.

"But we don't know what room she's in," Meeks, the certified— and self-proclaimed— genius of the boys, adds bemused, stumping Neil.

"213," Charlie responds both smoothly and smugly, standing up and making his way towards the door with a certain pep to his strides.

"But h-how'd you know that?" Meeks questions, stumbling over his words in astonishment.

"I have my ways," Charlie winks slyly, to which the boys roll their eyes, completely used to the antics of their friend.

"Of course you do," Knox laughs, making his way towards the hall and following Charlie to room 213...

Editing note: the chapters get much longer (and better lol) as the story progresses!! Thanks for reading ❤️