45

"Charlie," I warn, as he hands me one of his ties as a makeshift blindfold.

"Put it on," he says softly yet demanding. He takes the tie from me, spinning me around and gently placing it over my eyes.

"See? That's not so bad. Who knows, it may come in handy later on," he says. Although I can't see him, I just know he has a huge smirk plastered all across his face.

Charlie stops walking beside me, and I figure we must have reached wherever it is he intended to take me.

His woodsy scented cologne lingers in the air around us. I can hear shifting and a door being pulled open. Charlie places his hand on the small of my back, leading me forward.

The room smells of pine. I could hear music. From beneath my blindfold, I could make out colourful lights.

"Open," Charlie whispers softly in my ear, removing the blindfold.

My eyes blink rapidly a few times, adjusting to the brighter atmosphere.

We were in Welton's common room. Although it resembles very little of what I remember.

Dark green garland hung above the fireplace, as its bright, fiery flames crackled. Red and white stockings hung beneath it, each filled with matching-coloured candy canes.

In the middle of the room, stood a massive Christmas tree. The tree is adorned with ribbons, ornaments, and twinkling lights of every colour imaginable.

Christmas music spun softly on the record player, as the snow fell gently against the large windows.

Presents were stacked and wrapped at the tree's base. Some decorated with bows and ribbons.

I stood, speechless and rooted in place with complete awe.

"This is..." Few words could properly describe just how I felt in this very moment. I felt more consumed by complete happiness than I ever have before.

"You like it?" Charlie asks, as the boys watch on with hopeful expressions written across their faces.

"I love it!" I could barely contain my excitement as my arms and legs wrapped around Charlie's sturdy frame.

He laughed, holding me closely and spinning us around.

"Couldn't leave you alone on Christmas," Neil smirks, a smile stretching widely across his lips.

"How did you..." my eyes catch hold of all the small details. The wreath that hung above the entry way, the candy canes hanging off the tree branches, the candles lit atop the fireplace mantle, the Christmas lights hanging from the large windows...

"Knox and I got the tree," Meeks says, pride evident in his tone.

"Todd and I got the rest of the decorations and Pitts wrapped the gifts," Neil smiles.

"But what about your families?"

"Told them we have a boatload of schoolwork, didn't even question it," Todd speaks up for the first time. Though a small smile stretches across his lips, his tone is somber.

"I love you, guys," I say earnestly, grinning at the greatest friends I could have ever hoped for.

"We love you," Knox says on behalf of the boys, pulling everyone into a smothering group hug.

"I love you most," Charlie whispers in the nape of my neck, softly biting the skin, causing the other boys to playfully groan and pull away.

The evening was more than amazing. I watched as Knox, Neil, and Todd slept closely together on the small sofa across from me. Their soft snores muffled by the heavy winter winds and Meeks and Pitts chatter from across the room.

Charlie's head lay on my lap, my fingers gently stroking his short locks. The heat radiating from the fireplace offered a cozy contrast to the cold storm outside.

"I have one more surprise for you," Charlie practically hums, his voice low and gentle.

He reaches deep into his pocket, pulling out a neatly wrapped gift.

I open the box, revealing a beautiful ring, with a gem to match my birthstone.

Charlie pulls the ring from its box, effortlessly slipping it onto my finger.

"It's beautiful," I whisper.

I extend my hand, moving it about under the lights, as the emerald gemstone glimmers and sparkles beneath it.

I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling my body as close to his as possible.

"I love it, thank you," I whisper into the nape of his neck, as his hands slowly stroke up and down my back. 

"It's like a promise ring. I promise to love you forever and always."

"-Or at least I promise to try," Charlie smirks, as I playfully hit his shoulder.

"Forever and always," he mumbles into my hair, as I feel myself drift into a peaceful and content slumber.

A/n: Just a filler! Sorry it's late, meant to post it before Christmas! But I'll have another chapter up for New Years, I promise!!! ❤️