14

My hands soon found themselves tangled in his soft hair, while his slowly roam my body.

The kiss was intense and passionate. His actions were filled with an unmatched hunger and need, I had never experienced before.

Although the kiss was intense, the emotion behind was even stronger.

The way Charlie's hand held the back of my head security in place, as his soft lips molded against mine, sent shivers throughout my body.

With one final and gentle peck to my lips, we both- rather reluctantly, pulled apart.

His forehead lay on mine, as we steady our breathing.

"That was-"

"-amazing." I finish for him, causing us both to lightly chuckle.

I loved how comfortable and secure I felt with him. It was as though nothing could ever truly hurt me again as long as I had Charlie.

"So are we...um a couple now?" He asked nervously.

"Hmmmhm" I smirk, scaring him for a second before we both began to laugh.

"I think so." I smile.

In fact, I have smiled more in my time with Charlie than I think I ever have in my life.

~

Charlie and I have been dating officially for about three weeks, and so far it has been amazing.

Today's the day we present our poems to the class. Although I dread public speaking of any kind, it's not the presentation I'm scared of. More so, reading my poem aloud, to people other than well, me.

Though I can't help but worry for Todd. He barely speaks in our dead poets society meetings, I can't imagine this will be much fun for him.

I scribble the last line of my poem for the hundredth time.

Crumpling up yet another good piece of paper and throw it into a nearby bin.

"You too, huh?"

Todd appears from the dark corridor, saying it as more of a statement than a question.

With the weather becoming cooler, I've lost the urge to sit at my favourite spot beneath the willow tree, hence the hallway.

"What are you still doing up? It's past midnight."

"-well, I could ask you the same thing," I smile.

"I just-I um" he stammered, noticeably becoming flustered.

"It's okay, Todd. I wasn't going to rat you out or anything." He breathes a deep sigh of relief, he probably didn't realize he had been holding in.

"I need to finish my poem. Quite frankly I write much better when I know I don't have to read it in front of an entire classroom, you know?" I huff.

Todd exhales deeply through his nose. "More than you think. I came here to distract myself. Couldn't sleep."

"That bad, huh?"

"Well, considering I haven't even urged myself to bring pen to paper, I'd say so." He chuckles.

Who knew Todd Anderson was hiding this much humour. He could give Charlie a run for his money.

"Well feel free to join me. I could use the company." To be honest I had more on my mind than the poem.

"What's wrong?" Todd asks, his voice laced with genuine concern.

"My parents."

"What about 'em?"

"Well, I received a letter last night from my father informing me that my parents won't be in town for the winter break this year. Although, he kindly noted I'm welcome to go home, just to an empty house."

"Aside from the housekeepers of course," Todd adds sarcastically, causing me to giggle.

"Well of course. How could they possibly survive if they had to sweep their own floors."

Todd fake gasps, and we both fall into a fit of laughter.

"Well," he began after a while. "If it makes you feel any better, my parents really aren't any different. Few parents here are, for that matter."

"Thanks." I smile, "I should probably get some sleep, I'll see you tomorrow."

~

The day went by fairly quickly, as I took my preferred seat in English.

"Hey, you." Charlie spoke from behind me, softly kissing my cheek before slipping in the desk next to mine.

It was days like today, I loathed being the only girl in the entire class. Suddenly, I was becoming self conscious that all the boys would ridicule my sappy poem.

Up until now, every poem has been about trees, girls (not so romantic ones at that), school, even one on cars.

Not to mention Todd's both surprising and unsurprising, refusal to participate.

"Mr. Dalton, why don't you go next?" Keating instructed, causing Charlie to send me a side-eyed wink, before sauntering to the front of the classroom.