51

"Okay, my beautiful girl," Charlie grins, spinning me around until my skirt billows in the air.

"Tonight we are going on a hot date."

"—a hot date?" I glance sceptically at his goofy grin.

"Well... Knox, Pitts, Meeks, and Todd are coming— so scratch the hot part."

My expression remains just as confused as it were before.

"Charlie," I breath, eager to figure out what he's referring to.

He pulls out a pamphlet from the back pocket of his slacks.

I reach for it, but he pulls it away all too quickly, before I even have the chance to retrieve it.

"Ah ah ah," he tsk's, his tongue making that unholy sound, as he dangles the paper just out of my reach.

"Give me a kiss first."

I roll my eyes exaggeratedly, but his expression never falters.

"Fine, then you miss out on all of this—" Charlie pauses briefly, pointing towards his figure.

"—tonight."

"Oh, how ever will I manage?" I say sarcastically— feigning worry.

I reach up upon my tip-toes, placing a gentle, chaste kiss onto Charlie's ever-so-soft lips.

Of course, his free hand snakes around my back, entangles itself in my hair, and deepens the kiss.

After a moment or two of passion, we both pull away breathlessly, resting our foreheads against each others.

"Better?" I ask, already knowing his response.

"Much."

Charlie brings the pamphlet back down to eye-level. I glance at the folded paper.

The black bold letters read:

A Midsummer Night's Dream.

"Shakespeare? This is your idea of a hot date?" I tease, quoting him from earlier.

"Not quite— but you know that," he wiggles his eyebrows suggestively. You'd think after so long of being with Charlie, I'd become immune to his suggestive ways. But his charm never fails to leave me feeling both breathless and craving more.

"But it is Neil's."

Neil's?

This conversation was just getting weirder and weirder.

"Look at the cast list." Charlie points to the bottom left of the colourful pamphlet— where, sure enough— 'Neil Perry' was written in bold ink.

"Neil's in a play?" I question aloud— more so to myself than to Charlie.

"I know, I was surprised to."