Power

While waiting for Ms Eloise I playfully ran my fingers through Felix's fur. Wow he was soft, softer than that ultra soft carpet in my room and that was pretty soft.

"I wonder if I took you back to my dorm would Ms Eloise notice because you would totally blend in with my soft carp-"

"Yes I would notice very much the absence of my cat Arabella."

I snorted at the same time as Felix meowed. I turn to Ms Eloise, who was also resisting her urge to laugh, and greeted her with a real smile. She smiled in return her white teeth blinding me.

"So why am I here?" I asked once I sat in the red comfy chair opposite Ms Eloises' huge dark brown desk. She had called me for an urgent meeting and I had a bad feeling about it. She was writing something down, her handwriting was so elegant compared to my messy scribble.

"I just wanted to let you know I'm very proud of the progress you're making. All your teachers are so happy with you Arabella and you have adapted to Shadow life so easily. I really did think for a while back there that you would be a challenge, which I will admit you were for a while."

Her words sunk in and I realised for once in my life I'm getting praised and I'm not in trouble. It felt different but a good different. Good like me, not evil. Well at least I hope there was no evil in me.

"I like it here, it feels like...home." I said the last bit so quietly I wasn't sure she had heard me but my doubts were proved wrong when I was once again blinded by her white beaming smile.

"You're part of our family now Arabella."

"Thank you Ms Eloise."

I  suddenly felt warm and happy and had the urge to hug sheep and skip around rainbows but I killed that thought the moment it surfaced. I really needed to get a grip on myself here.

"Secondly." Her face grew slightly more serious.

"Is everything okay with you and Ashton?"

Is it weird that even the sound of Ash's full name made my heart squirm and my throat tighten?

"Perfectly fine Ms Eloise he's like my brother!" I laughed like a posh fat man(which must have looked so weird because my face looked contorted at the sound of my fake laugh and red from embarassment) and stood to leave as quick as I could but instead of doing just that for some stupid reason while still laughing weirdly I slapped Ms Eloise on the back. I ran before I could see her reaction. Even Felix gave me a weird look.

***

The thought of Agriculture made my pale skin brighten with a tint of pink. Shelby had completely lost it when I told her what happened. She laughed even more when she slapped my back from laughing. Oh. the irony.

Room 501. Not the fifth hundred and first room(because there wasn't that many roons in this school) but a random room no one was aloud into besides Ms Eloise's Agriculture class. No not suspicious at all but then again no one here asked questions they just went with it.

I opened the door slowly but someone on the other side ripped it from my grasp and flung it open. I saw her hair before I saw her face. Foxy.

"Problem with the door Mortem?"

"Watch your attitude Foster"

"Or what?"

"I'll set your hair on fire, oh wait..." I stared at the firery golden locks.

I laughed in the most ungirliest way possible and was rewarded with a glare. Aw that made my day.

The smile was wiped off my face when Ms Eloise strolled on in as elegant as ever with her legs that went on forever. I totally made that rhyme.