Episode 19

In which they get a new family member:

Jongdae bit his fingernails nervously as he stood by the curb. His short black hair was covered by a SnapBack gifted to him by Chanyeol. (The latter took his parenting role very seriously.)

It was a hot July afternoon. The eight of them had just came back to Korea just weeks ago. Their trip to America was an interesting one.

Starting with Baekhyun getting mistaken as a 12 year old and ending with Chanyeol getting stuck in a kiddy coaster. Funny how those two always end up in some trouble.

Yixing, Luhan and Kris had all been bugging him to finally ask Minah but every time Jongdae tried to ask, he chickened out....literally.

At least three times, he had squawked like a chicken in Minah's face. Jongdae shuddered just thinking about it. But finally, he got the perfect idea when Minah brought him to a dog café. Minah seemed to love the dogs and Jongdae found her extremely cute when cooing at a puppy. So, he decided to get her a puppy.

And that's why he was standing outside on a 95 degree day, waiting for Kris to pick him up and take him to the dog pound.

Soon enough, the tall male pulled up to Jongdae's apartment. Jongdae grinned and ran to the car, sitting inside.

Kris smiled as he greeted him, "Dae, you should just move in, you're at our place 99% of the time anyway."

"Already looking for someone to buy my apartment."

Kris chuckled, "So what kind of dog were you thinking?"

Jongdae sighed, "I talked to the rest of the boys and they said they were okay with any dog, as long as it's somewhat small."

Kris nodded, "Easy."

"Not easy.....so not easy." Jongdae wailed as he writhed in a cage of puppies. The small boogers yapped and jumped on the tall male and Jongdae was near tears. He kept saying the word cute and Kris was half convinced to just leave him at the pound.

"Jongdae, we just have to pick one!"

Jongdae frowned, "It's not that easy Kris! Look, they're all asking to be taken home!"

He froze, "Kris?"

"Oh god"

"Can we take allllll of the-"

"No."

"But Kriiiiissss."

"No."

Jongdae pouted as he picked a puppy off his shoulder, "Fine, I'll go look at the other side."

He hopped out of the puppy cage and walked to the other side of the store where he made eye contact with the doggie in the corner.

He frowned at how sad it looked. Jongdae walked towards it, reaching a hand out. The dog immediately shot its head up and nuzzled Jongdae's hand, before licking his fingers gently.

"She's a gentle one, although no one wants her because she's not a puppy." The caretaker appeared behind Jongdae, staring at the poor dog.

Jongdae frowned and turned back around. He looked at the dog's light brown eyes. Her eyes seemed to be calling for Jongdae, begging him to give her a chance. She seemed so nice and cuddly too!

Jongdae made up his mind, "I'll take her."

"But she's full grown."

"So am I!"

"I doubt that."

"Shut up Kris."

Minah sighed as she dropped her keys in the bowl on the stand next to the door. It was late at night and her shift had just ended. Usually it ended at six but her boss asked to stay after to cover another employee's shift. Minah wanted the money so she said okay.