Interruption

Not what you expected? No?

I was very naive back then. Unaware of the happenings that were going on in the shadows, of the people I allowed into my life and the ones I left behind.

There was so much that I did not know about the world.

A beginning has been and gone. You've met the protagonist, and the few people that were in their life. You've read of the abrupt tragedy, and of the life the protagonist has lead after that.

Memories have been bought back to the surface, a wound ripped open. Be deliberate or by mere coincidence. Either way, this protagonist is about to make a whole lot more.

Humble beginnings. That's how a good story kicks off. A sad tragedy, a meeting of the protagonists.

Only, one protagonist has met an end in the story.

The amazingly wonderful, beautiful and happy girl no longer has a part to play in the story. Nevertheless, one must not dwell on the past, only look towards the future. And our protagonist is certain to do this.

What could go wrong? He has new friends, a new, fresh life, does he not?

No, he doesn't. The wounds are still fresh, and our protagonist finds himself thinking about them a lot.

One bad mistake could ruin his life...

It's happened before. Out of the blue, an enormous past of his life was cut right out, leaving scars. That was a result of one little mistake, one thing that completely changed him.

He already feels like a stranger. He's lost his way, gone down a wrong turning.

I could say the grass I greener on the other side.

But we trust each other, don't we?

Let's agree not to lie to each other. The protagonist is very close to taking a very wrong turn, and the path ahead is twisted and dangerous.

Therefore I have intruded on the story. You probably have a lot of questions.

What will happen next? Who are the Element Shifters? Why does our protagonist feel so uneasy around his new friend?

So many questions, not enough answers.

Let's go back to the last time we talked, right at the beginning. As I recall, I told you that my story wasn't like other stories. There was no cliché defeat. I don't think you can even call it a defeat. The enemy is still here, and I can't defeat them. Not yet.

A lot will happen, I can promise you that.

I was normal, or at least close enough to be normal. I was building myself back up after an enormous part of me got knocked down. I was so close to being happy again, but then my walk came tumbling down again.

And so, the plotline continues to thicken...