Twenty Six

I opened my eyes and looked up. Christa was crying.

"Y-you're..."

I heared the angry sounds of fighting, and that frightened me even more. I had to act quick, before they noticed our absence.

"Christa," I started, then stood up. I hesitated, before taking my cloak off. Her mouth opened as she saw my pale face and silver eyes. She took a few steps backwards, her eyes the size of plates.

"They told me you were dead," she started, shaking her head. "The council... They said the Shifters had killed you..."

I pulled her into a tight hug. There was no need for any more words. The Council had done enough. I just enjoyed the company of a normal person, my best friend.

After a few minutes letting her cry into my shoulder, rather stiffly as I stared, emotionless at the floor, she let go.

Her face was different. Despite the fear and confusion, she looked so much more like my Christa. She was smiling slightly, the anger in her face gone, replaced with longing tears and sadness.

I decided to speak when we heard people yelling in iur direction. I grabbed her shoulders and stared at her dead in the face.

"Go. Run. Now. Get out of here. Go to the post office. Ymir is there."

"What?!"

"She'll explain it all to you. Go!" I pointed towards the horse tracks that lead to the city, and Christa hurriedly grabbed my hands.

"Be safe Armin. I'll see you soon."

I nodded, then she let go, and ran, with all her might, to the city. I watched until she dissapeared, then ran back to the battleground.

The view wasn't what I expected.

Eren was staring down, angrily, at a floor full of wounded, fainted soldiers, while Reiner and Bertholdt were no where to be found.

When I appeared, Eren turned to me, a sense of relief flushing over him.

"Armin! You're alright!"

I nodded, then stood next to him, watching the people on the floor.

"What happened?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. She ran away. I gave her a second chance because she had a child at home to feed," I lied.

Eren nodded. Then somebody shifted, and pushed themselves up, looking frightened. I seemed to remember the face as somebody who went to my school. I shot a wind blast that dragged him through the ground, then stopped him when I saw he had been knocked out.

"Nice," said Eren. "Would you do the honours?"

"Okay," I answered, then created a force that covered every soldier like a blanket, keeping them pinned to the floor.

Eren smirked. "What do we do now?"

I shrugged. "I dunno."

Then, we heard the sound of a gun being loaded, then turned around.

Another larger group of soldiers, the ones we came across the other day, were standing in front of us.

Two of us versus thirty people with weapons and experience.

Using one hand in a hurry to do something, I shot a blast of wind in their direction. A few shielded their eyes, and some held tighter to their guns, but that was it.

The leader of the legion aimed his gun straight at me. I gulped.

Eren slammed his foot against the floor, creating a mound to form in the middle of the group, making loads fall over. His signature move.

A tornado quickly formed around my body, and I reached out my hand to move the tornado quickly towards them, pushing a few of them and sending weapons flying.

Eren ran towards them, firing rocks at them, and I watched him and his Level 5 masterclass as he then closed his eyes and formed another mound, like a wall, in the middle of the group.

I shot myself up into a tree, and then a group ran towards me, ready to shoot at me. I simply blew out, and they all fell backwards. I jumped out of the tree, gaining enough speed to kick one person down to the floor, then punch somebody who was about to attack me with a knife.

I wasn't quick enough, however, to attack this other person, who hid behind the tree once his friend was kicked.

I turned around, and the knife was right on my neck.

He was breathing heavily, staring at me. I looked up from the knife, to him, then sent a wave of air from behind me into his face. He stumbled backwards, but still managed to stab me in the leg.

I flinched, then hobbled over to help Eren. I stood with him, arms spread out in front of everyone, closed my eyes, then tried a trick Ymir taught me. I moved around in quick movements, keeping my arms in the same place, until I stopped, and started moving the air above me. I was holding the wind, expanded it, then threw it like a shotput towards the big group.

They all looked so angry at us, each of them as bloodthirsty as the next. The captain yelled, then came hurdling towards Eren with a sword. I tried to send enough energy to push him, or move the weapon out of his hands, only I realised I wasn't that powerful, and it didn't push him over, only slow him down like a magnetic force he was trying to go against.

"Get him!" I heard somebody behind me yell. I turned around, then started to deal with these soldiers. Each had a large weapon, and were trying to land a hit on me.

I just swiped every weapon away, by moving my hands in a flicking motion, sending individual ripples of wind towards them.

Then Eren took over, lifting ricks from the earth with one arm movement, and spiralling them towards the soldiers. He opened out his arms, and started to move the earth inwards, creating an enormous dent, pushing numerous soldiers off of their feet.

I jumped back up into a tree, then created another tornado, my strongest move, sending it spiralling violently through the group.

By the time I had jumped down the tree, we had knocked half of them to the floor. I looked at Eren, then noticed he had been bruised badly and had a bleeding nose, whereas the wound on my leg stung and pounded. We were both panting. I did the same thing again; keeping them down on the ground. Eren nodded.

Then, without any warning, a person who was badly wounded, crawled over and grabbed something.

Then she shot a signalling gun, sending red flames out into the sky, to signal more soldiers.