Interruption 2

Lying is a sin. No matter what you've done, no matter for what reason, it's a horrible crime.

They only get revealed. The reason we call them lies is because we find out that they aren't true. And we can justify, several reasons, why they should be labelled as lies.

Bad people lie. Bad people have a reason for lying. They lie to protect themeselves, to hide. They lie so that they don't have to face the truth.

I had never lied before that day. Never. Not since Annie died. If I lied to myself, I would be lying to her. There would be no resting in peace then.

But other people lie. They lie to perform an act of trickery, they lie to get what they want. They lie in the hopes that people will trust them.

Why did I trust them? Why would I give up my whole life in order to follow their lies? I shouldn't have had anything to do with them from the start. I shouldn't have done the things I did. But I was being controlled, manipulated by their lies. And there was no way out.

They lied, and forced me into doing terrible things. They lied about their purpose, about being good, about being on my side.

They wanted death, when I had no reason for it. But still they lied, and I was tricked into thinking otherwise.

So many lies. So many lies from good people, from people I trusted. Their trust was a lie, their kindness, a lie. Overpowered by hatred and revenge.

They lied about people who were also lying to the world. Two different stories, two different lies in each others eyes.

My whole life, full of unanswered, unresolved questions. Full of lies I couldn't quite work out.

They lied, he lied, she lied.

Five main lies were the demons that devoured my very existence.

Element Shifters are disgusting, selfish people.

Ah, another lie. That I heard a lot when I lived amongst them and wss abandoned by my own species, who assumed I was dead.

The second, a simpler one. Christa Lenz was a bad person, a traitor. That was a lie I would never believe, not while I was living at least.

The third. Trusting Eren and Ymir and everybody else was a wise decision.

That lie may make the first one look like less of a lie than it would seem. They were never on my side. Never going to support me. They were each as heartless as the other.

Number four. That life was going to be fine. An easy job. Quick and simple. No fuss. Yeah, right. That lie is one of the biggest ones.

News flash. Plans fail.

And the last one. The unbelievable, unbearable one, that kicked me back into my senses that what I was doing was wrong. If it hadn't been for that lie being revealed, I wouldn't have known about all the other lies.

This lie is that you can always trust the people from your past.

And so we continue uncovering and creating more lies.