Twenty Seven

I stopped the air pressure that was pushing them down onto the ground, and prepared for another huge attack at any minute.

"Eren," I started, looking over to him.

"Stay calm, Armin. We can do this. If they were the third legion, and the group from before were trainees, and Reiner and Bertholdt are against the first legion, we should be fine. We can beat the second legion no problem," he said, to reassure himself more than me.

I just nodded, ignoring my heavily beating heart. But Eren was right. We managed to beat this group of strong men, so how hard can it be.

A soldier got his hands on a gun, and tried shooting at us, but Eren formed a boulder cage around the soldiers, leaving them stuck inside there.

"Now they won't get any ideas," he said.

I looked around at the mess we had made. The first group was heavily wounded, and now Eren was slowly suffocating another, larger group in a confined heap of rocks.

I had to look away. We stood in silence for a few more minutes, then, when we heard horses running and people yelling, hid behind some trees.

"Look!" Somebody yelled, noticing the injured soldiers. They all gathered around them, trying to come to terms with what was happening.

"Show yourselves!" Somebody else yelled.

"Yo, Levi, where are you?!" Another voice yelled. "Where's the Third Legion?"

"Wait a second..." Somebody noticed the cage of rocks Eren had created. "Jesus! They're in there!"

I heard knocking and cracking, with big weapons hitting the rocks. Ere  flinched at every hit.

"Reveal yourselves! Monsters!" Somebody yelled.

Eren stared at me. I raised an eyebrow, and he nodded.

As slowly as he could, without bringing any attention to himself, Eren created tremors in the ground, that sent horses to neigh loudly.

"Get them out of there!" The man, I assumed was the captain, yelled. There was more knocking and shouting, until they moved enough boulders to create an escape for the soldiers.

Eren swore under his breath, then I decided to move my hands from behind the tree, and shoot a fast wave of wind, that pushed a few onto the floor.

Eren nodded thankfully at me, then, with one snap of his fingers, made the whole cage fall. The highly injured soldiers were moved further away, while the new stronger ones stayed to try and find us.

"Show yourselves!" The captain yelled.

"Nanaba," Somebody said. "The power radar doesn't pick anything up."

"Be quiet Jean," the female voice of Nanaba answered. "We'll find them if we listen. Disgusting idiots will fall over or make too much noise. Watch this."

I heard her pick something up from the ground, then threw it towards the tree closest to me.

I closed my eyes. This must be the Second Legion. They didn't sound like somebody to be messing with.

"Where did Christa go?" Somebody asked, running towards Nanaba. "She's not with the Third."

"I knew we should have let her join us!" An angry Jean said.

"What? And get her killed faster?" Nanaba asked loudly, loading a gun. "We should have gone in the first place, not them."

There was a small pause, then Nanaba fired her gun towards us again.

"How do you know there's..."

"I can sense them. They're over there somewhere," Nanaba muttered.

Everything was quiet again. Then Nanaba stepped closer.

"Come out you monsters! Come and fight us!"

I took one glance at Eren's nervous face, and bit my lip. He was shaking. We were both desperate for either some help, or to find a way to leave.

I closed my eyes. "Forgive me, Eren," I muttered.

He looked up, frantically shaking his head.

I ignored him, and jumped out of my hiding place.

There was about thirty soldiers, in green cloaks. Survey Corps members.

I took a deeo breath. They all stated at my silver eye. Nanaba in particular, had a look in her eye that expressed thirst for blood. Everybody had swords and guns.

A shot was fired just as I formed a protective tornado around my body. It was the most powerful skill I had. As long as I could keep this around my body, no bullet will hurt me.

I made sure not to look when I recognised four people who used to be in my school. Rather than staying for further education and do A-Levels,  these people left school and joined the Scouting Legion. That's what I heard, anyway.

They didn't recognise me. I was certain it was them. If I remember correctly, their names were Sasha, Connie, and Marco. The Jean guy was also from my school. Seeing as I had never spoke to them, my cover was safe.

Jean came running at me with a knife.  He tried to push through the tornado, only failing miserably. Then Nanaba yelled:

"Damn coward! Fight!"

I looked at her carefully. I had seen her face before, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

There was movement behind me, and then Eren jumped down from a tree he had climbed, landing in front of me. He shot boulders from both hands, hitting a few soldiers backwards. Nanaba ran towards him, and he formed a wall between the two of them.

I stopped the tornado, then pushed a load of air towards them, sending some of them flying backwards, dragging through the ground. An angry Jean got back up onto his feet, then tried attacking me again. I dodged all the attacks. My leg was still belting in pain from the attack from the other guy, and Jean noticed that and tried aiming for the cut, in the hopes of hitting my weak spot. I sent another wave of air right at him, pushing him off of me. Eren sent a few trees crashing down on the other soldiers.

More came running towards me, and I blew out another huge tornado from my mouth, and sending them falling backwards, while Eren formed a hole in the ground for them to fall into.

While I was busy doing that, though, somebody had crept up behind me, and pushed me over. I hit my head on he floor, then felt a pang of pain hit my shoulder as Sasha stabbed me.

Then, out if nowhere, right in front of me, Bertholdt appeared.

Sasha stared in awe at the tall man, who smirked at her. She didn't look like somebody who had seen a water shifter before.

"Sorry we're late," he muttered, then made a huge globe of water, sending it flying into the soldiers in front of him. He had enough time, then, to put water into my wound, by forming tiny, delicate drops from his fingertips.

I heard a cry of pain, then moved my head up to see Eren being stabbed in the arm by Nanaba. He shot some more boulders from the earth towards her, only to watch her dodge them all.

I felt more pain as Jean, who had been hiding behind a tree since Bertholdt  appeared, slowly cut down my arm, on my emblem. I shrieked.

"Look at that," he said, grinning. "What a nice tattoo," he continued to cut down my arm, then reached my bloodied emblem. Bertholdt appeared behind him, and put a globe of water around his head, making him drown.

Bertholdt smirked, then released it as soon as he fell unconsious.

I was writhing in pain, feeling completely useless.

Bertholdt ran towards more of the soldiers, and I heard some cries of pain and yelling just before I fell unconscious.