American Pie.

It's when the sobs are slowly starting to get quieter, the sniffs less regulary that she finally lets go of his head, starting to rub his back as he has his face still pressed against her shoulder.

She's smaller than him, so it's a damn uncomfortable position, but he doesn't care for any physical condition. He just can't with the feeling of his chest imploding. When she tries to lift his head up he refuses, tensing his neck to stop her from looking into his face. The embarassment sets in before the worst is even over, but surely she immediately notices.

"It's ok. You do not have to tell me what happenend. Just come inside with me, ok?"

Slash just nods weakly, finally seperating from her, his head hanging low as he lets her guide him into the living room. She makes him sit on the couch and altough Slash really tries to get himself together there are fresh tears in his already burning eyes, running down his face and mixing up with snot. He blinks and tries to not start sobbing again, but his fastened breath and the sniffs are giving him away.

His grandma still says nothing as she gives him some tissues for his nose then disappeares into the kitchen, judged by the sounds putting a bowl of water on the oven- tea properly as she believes that it cures almost everything.

Usually Slash gets annoyed by her granny like actions like always trying to make him drink her stupid tea but for now it brings a small smile to his lips. It reminds him of his brother, the image of him drinking cold tea from that stupid Micky Mouse cup.

When she comes in again, she really hands him a steaming cup of tea which he wraps into the blanket she threw over his legs. He wants to complain, wants to tell her he's no goddamn child anymore, but he just can't. It's too soothing, too comforting to be cared for.

"Where's your guitar?", she asks after a while. Slash shrugs his shoulders first, then the memory of his brand new, fuckin' expensive Les Paul hitting the ground is too painful to ignore and he grimaces, cursing. "Fuck!"
"Drink your tea.", she just answers, not even complaining about him cursing, so he obeys, taking a careful sip. He coughs then, as hot, burning liquid touches his tongue. "What the fuck! Is there rum in it?!"

His grandma just nods, very seriously, then shrugs her shoulders as he raises his eyebrows. "I just thougt you might need that today."

"Yeah, maybe...fuck...thanks..."

Another sip and his stomach fills with warmth, distracting him for a moment, but the tears still don't stop and he puts the cup away again with a shuddery sigh. He knows she won't force him to explain himself, but somehow he wants to, somehow not. He clears his throat, trying to say somethig, but just the forming of words in his head is too much to handle. He's breathing in short, hard gasps of air. What to explain? What to fuckin' say, when he doesn't even really know why it hit him so hard suddenly. "I- uh..."

"Yes, honey?"

"It's...dammit..."

She comes over, sitting beside him with a hand on his shoulder.

"Just try and calm down."

"I can't!"

"Ok."

"It's...it's just...I don't even really know..."

"Just tell me what happened?"

"Uh....I...just a fight..."

"With?"

"Judy..."

"Ah." She nods then, leaning back into the couch and suddenly Slash is getting pissed with her behaving like she understands everything. Cause' she don't. "What 'ah'?! You don't even understand what's going on!"