Impression 6

Lucky?

ㅤLucky?

"Boys, hold your horses,"  Kazuki-sensei demanded, "you're all scaring her, come on. How if she agrees to change....but to change seats with another class'—"

"NO!" the boys replied simultaneously before sensei got to finish his words.

"Right," Kazuki-sensei nodded proudly as he succeeded to make the boys think straight again, "so, Yuuki-san?"

"I will have the one you have chosen for me, sensei," I answered clearly. I could not take any risks to accept their offers, so sensei's choice was the safest of them all.

"Maaann, she got the sacred seat," said the boy that I believed to be Gin.

"Alright, you may go to your seat, then," Kazuki-sensei beckoned me to promptly go to my seat and I obeyed happily.

"Yes, thank you, sensei."

As I had taken my seat, Kazuki-sensei knocked on the blackboard three times.

"Okay, class. Since you already had your entrance ceremony, I grant you no classes for the first day of your sophomore year! You may go home quickly as well. But, I'm sure there will be some announcements soon so please wait for your class representative to come here. That'll be all and I have to leave now. Bye, class! See you tomorrow!"

Everyone stood up and bowed down to see the young homeroom teacher off. And after he left, the class got noisy in a blink of an eye. Everyone started talking to each other so enthusiastically.

Well, that's the class for you. And it's finally my time to be the one and only stranger in class.

I somewhat felt sorry for myself. I could join them if I wanted to. But, it wasn't my type to approach first when it was not a real urgency. I would hate it if I arbitrarily joined in and became a bother to them. I also had a bad feeling to talk to people because of my past life experience. So, I thought it wouldn't be so bad to be alone on my first day.

I pressed my lips together, avoiding the uneasy feeling of being all alone in such a noisy class. I turned my head to the wide window on my left, trying to enjoy the view.

I let out a small sigh while closing both of my eyes. Should I just go home now?

I was asking myself due to huge boredom. Everyone still seemed busy chatting with each other. I felt like dust. So transparent and unnoticeable. Oh, this hurts.