Impression 23

Rebellion

A gentle yet strong whisper coming from the other side left him no choice but to take it seriously.

"She is my best friend."

He knew it.
He knew that Kuroko would say so.

His prediction was once again accurate but he did not wish to hear those words so soon. Moreover, from a friend he knew best for being a plain softie.

A low groan escaped from his throat as he knew he had to get up from the soundly sleep he rarely got. While holding his breath a little longer than usual, he threw an intense stare at the wall. If only eyes had power, he would already break the wall into pieces and probably do the same to another wall behind it too.

"I am your best friend too, am I not?" he smoothly replied without wasting too much time.

The call ended right after he made sure that the caller could clearly hear his response. Akashi then exhaled roughly before throwing himself back to bed.

Burying his head to the pillows, he thought he was indeed a man with absoluteness. He had planned everything out. And the key to his plan was finally in his hands.

"She is my best friend."

He found it strange as to why he couldn't get rid of those words from his mind. Just what was the actual reason for it?

Was it because he hated the fact that he heard it so soon?

Was it because of the fact that Kuroko really had just warned him?

Or because of the fact that Kuroko is her best friend?

Or the fact that she is Kuroko's best friend?

"Best friend, huh..." Akashi's fingers brushed his hair to the back as he pulled the right corner of his lips into a little smirk. "He even dared to warn me in such a gentle tone."