Impression 8

The Emperor

I had been standing from my seat since I called out to Aoi-san. I stood up so spontaneously as I tried to stop him. I was not aware of their eyes, even his, all fixed on me.

Dear bad luck, why did you give me this much attention..!!

...Can just I sit back and act as if nothing happened?

"You...," the merciless emperor began to notice my unintended rebellion, "Is there something the matter with your seat?" he asked as he raised one of his eyebrows. And never had I been so speechless and offended at the same time—in all my life.

"N—no, sorry," I replied. I did not waste any second to sit back and cursed myself out inwardly.

"Here I thought you were being so bold and persistent," Aoi-san commented, "And I thought that you'd fight me to win these papers too so that you could help prez," he continued, "Thank God, I was wrong!" Aoi-san smiled contentedly.

"Bakaoi-kun?? Will you cut it and give us the papers already??? I'm so sick of your disgusting smile to our saintly bijin-san—I mean, begone," Oikawa interrupted with his mocking, smiley face.

"Yare yare. What a yandere way to ask me to spar, Oikawaho-kun," Aoi-san replied with popping veins.

"Enough, you two," the emperor silenced them two as he was almost done to distribute the papers for the whole class. I got distracted for a while and I didn't know that he was making his way here.

He's walking here...
He's sitting behind me!?

I turned my face to Hanae, revealing how shocked I was to find out the meaning of what she had said before, which she returned with a 'told-you-that-you-are-lucky' smile.

Lucky at getting bad luck. Yes.

I read the announcement paper as soon as I received it. I also hid my face with it so I didn't have to see him walk past me.