Impression 33

Sunflower

[ Anything new? ]

[ No, the sunflower still shows no sign of mobility. ]

[ The surroundings? ]

[ Safe at its finest. I do assure you. ]

[ Alright. Continue. ]

[ I shall do my best, waka-sama. ]

There was an obvious curiosity that etched on his frown as the owner of those red orbs kept staring at the last message rather displeasedly.

"Going absent, hm?" he whispered his expected thought.

With one hand remained still to hold the crimson, old flip phone of his, the device had to do its best to keep the screen on. Any new messages should be opened real soon without a single intrusion coming from a merely locked screen.

. . . .

His finger began to do some light and steady taps on the back of the crimson flip phone. Another displeased sigh followed as the screen had no intention to give him a new notification.

He then diverted his gaze to his main phone, a slimmer one that was much more modern than the flip phone. Well, yes, he had two devices. And both were actively used.

Akashi used the flip phone to have some simple conversations with his servants. But he mainly used it to do some anonymous works that could easily do either harm or good to the media or any organizations he had in mind. And unlike the flip phone that dealt with lots of his secrecy, the main phone was there to keep him updated for any other sorts in life.  Especially the kind of life where he was just living as himselfㅡnothing more than just being an only son going through his sophomore year.

"Is that it?" Akashi asked himself inwardly, not granting a slight consent on the thought he had expected to come true. Then, he glanced back to the digital clock on the screen.