Impression 26

Emperor Eyes

Emperor Eyesㅤ

"Why are you still here?"

There was always a thing that could make your heart beat a little bit faster.

"And why are you?"

The moment when your answer was being hung by a certain person, all you had to do was to wait for a little longer.

I was waiting. Again.
But those five months didn't even feel this long.

Then, my patience to wait was replied with the sound of steps coming towards me.

"Yuuki Seara, you don't know how long I've been waiting for this."

"No," my soundless denial came out as I heard he was done with his last step somewhere right behind me, "you don't know how long I've been waiting for this, Akashi Seijuurou."

And there would be a thing that could make your heartbeat even faster.

So fast, so loud that you would be scared of your own heartbeats. You would have no choice but to believe that the other person could clearly hear those beats you tried so hard to shush.

And this was a great, dummy fear of mine.

"Well, what kind of view is making your sunflower eyes so undistracted?" asked an impassive voice as a pair of arms began to trap me from behind. "You even dare to ignore me."

"...My eyes only see what they want to," I said as I secretly tried to find a way out of his arms trap.

"I see," Akashi replied, "it makes sense then."

I exhaled slowly, couldn't progress what he actually meant. The sunset breeze greeted me as it gently stroked my bangs. I looked down so my bangs could hide my interlaced eyebrows since I was thinking hard to solve the riddle in his previous words.