Impression 10 (part 2)

A Sudden Flashback

My pupils dilated, getting surprised by what I saw. A pair of familiar eyes stared straight into mine.

"So, here you are," that person sighed.

I stayed still, speechless. Wondering whether it was real or not. My mind went blank and my thoughts scattered away. I couldn't believe my savior was someone who I wanted to keep my distance from.

Hanae. She came. She saved me.

Why?

Hanae smiled and then she sat down in front of me, "You know, you were rock! I was about to give her a piece of my mind after she called out to you like that. But you looked like you were prepared so... I kinda wanted to see how you strike them back and yep, I was glad I didn't show up," Hanae continued as she told me other things that she thought I needed to know.

I still remained silent. To see someone talking with so much passion in front of me, I just found it strange. Like, it's been a long time since someone talked with me.

I kept staring at her while she was still busy with her stories. I listened to every word she said. I laughed when she laughed. And I enjoyed our talk. It felt like I could just forget my wrecked past and move on. But then, a sudden memory flashed inside my mind.

I was taken back to the past where I had my friends surrounding me. We were all talking happily. There was so much happiness. Until one of my friends got a wound on her knee right when she was in the middle of talking with me. We all thought it was just purely an accident. But things started to get wrong day by day, in a weird way.

We barely talked anymore. We were still friends before people started to spread the rumor that I was being cursed, that I was bringing bad luck to anyone around me.

Of course, I couldn't believe that. I even searched for someone who dared to start badmouthing me but still, I couldn't find them. It was so hard for me to find the first wood that brought the fire because it already burned all of the woods in the entire forest.