Impression 12

The Devil's Lair Isn't That Dark

Burning red and piercing gold.

Breathtaking.
The sight of him was too breathtaking.

Red and gold.
They both contrasted each other, fighting to pull in any pair of eyes into their own domain. And the worst was they were staring right at me.

Akashi has complete heterochromia...?

Chills started running down my spine. I couldn't handle it anymore. I wanted to go home so bad. And to the hidden camera that he would have set somewhere in the room, I wanted to do my surrendering wave already.

"Defenseless? " Akashi asked in a deeper voice, "You didn't even get any wounds. So, how can you say you're defenseless?"

"...What is it? What do you want me to say?" I tiredly replied, "Everything I said appears to be wrong to you."

"Heh," he seemed to suppress his devilish laugh, "How such a baseless rumor even exists?"

"Because they wouldn't believe everything I said."

"You didn't even try to tell them the truth."

"I did! I... did. But everyone at home is all fine. They do not get hurt because of me. And I was-I was so naive. I thought my friends were just pulling a horrible prank on me. And of course, I got hurt by their behaviors. So, I stopped befriending them too. And I became a happy loner. Note that."