Chapter 12

*Hatter POV*

"Love. Are you awake?" I hear Monica say. I groan.

"If I need to be." I say looking around seeing we are still in the living room. "What can I do for ya?" I chuckle as I sit up.

"I want to do something."

"What did you have in mind?"

"I don't know. Is there a place that makes you happy?"

"Not really, the only place I'm happy is with you."

"Tarrant I'm serious." She looks up back at me.

"I am serious, too." I smile. "Would you like for me to make tea and we can going walking. Or running or whatever you want to do." I chuckle as she giggles. She kisses my cheek. We get up and she goes to her room to get ready. I get the tea ready and she comes back down. And she is wearing an outfit that I've never seen before.

*3rd person POV*

"Monica, what are you wearing?" The hatter asks as he hands her a cup.

"A shirt and shorts." She looks at Tarrant confused. "I just thought, I mean in case we were running, I would be prepared."

"Mhh... I guess." He says eyeing her.

When they finish their tea, hatter takes Monica to a field that's he's never taken her before.

*Monica's POV*

"Tarrant?"

"Yes dear?" As we head arm in arm to some place.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a place where we can run."

"That doesn't tell me a lot. And shouldn't you be in different clothes for running?" He's wearing his normal suit.

"What this?" He asks looking down at his suit. "I doing everything in this suit."

"It's just you might get hot."  I say looking at him.

"Then you should leave. I mean if my hotness is to much for you." He says looking at me with a smile.

"Clever. Very clever." I say smiling at him.

"Hatter, Monica!" We turn to see Alice. "The Queen needs you." Tarrant grabs my hand and I run with him to the white queens castle.

"Hatter." The white Queen calls relived to see us.

"My Queen, what is it?" Her face looks at me with confusion as she sizes me, the looks back at hatter.

"The red Queen has called war. Alice won't fight. She is our only hope as you know." Tarrant squeezes my hand and looks at me. Worry all over his face. "Unless." She turns her attention to me.

"I'll do it." I say looking at Tarrant.

"Your majesty." Tarrant looks back to her, with pleading eyes. "If I get can get Alice to go to war, can Monica stay here?"

"Tarrant." I look at him scolding eyes. "I can do it, Alice is just a little girl she has her whole life to live. It's not like I'm going to die anyways."

"Out of the question Monica." I looks at me, his nice self leaving.

"I'll leave you to it, but I do need an answer in the morning." She nods and walks away. Leaving me with an angry hatter. He grabs my hand and drags me all the way back to the house. Then he gets tired of dragging so he picks me up over his shoulder.

"Tarrant put me down!" He keeps walking.