Chapter 24

It's morning. I wake up to Tarrant at my side. Wide awake, Eyes watching me and I sit up.

"Good morning, Love." He smirks rubbing my back as I stretch.

"Good morning." I say smiling. "What time is it?"

"It's 8:30."

"Did you sleep?" I look at him concerned.

"Yes dear. I just woke up earlier than you did." I nod and get up.

"We didn't plan the wedding, or tell anyone." I say standing.

"Yes I did that yesterday and asked the queen if she would plan the whole thing. And she said yes. So we have to wait for her letter to tell us to meet at the castle." I jump back onto the bed, then jump by him and kiss him. He kisses back with a smirk on his lips. Then we pull apart and look into each others eyes.

"How does a mad man have that much scents?" His smile grows.

"How can someone so beautiful on the outside and be so beautiful on the inside." I smile and he chuckles. I peck his lips before I get off the bed once again.

"I'm going to make us food. What do you want?"

"Whatever your having." I nod and go get out of the room.

*Hatters Pov*

As she walks out the room I look at where she was, and it reminded me of last night.

I didn't sleep at all last night. I was up because I couldn't sleep. I couldn't get the thought of me hurting her. She didn't eat or drink, or even leave the house. She completely shut down when I was gone. Her heart was with me, and she thought I died so her heart died. I can't imagine what will happen if I really die and never come back. She was as light as the day she came, and that was when she was a foot tall. If she kept going that that a few more days I wouldn't have had anyone to come back to. She would have been gone.

"Breakfast is ready." Monica says walking in pulling me out of my trance.

"Thank you dear. I'll be right there." I say with a smile but she walks over with a soft sad smile. She cups my face and wipes a tear. I had no idea I was crying. She let's one of her hands drop to my chest then kisses my forehead. She looks back at me with a 'I love you so much' smile and grabs my hand.

"Come on love." She says and I get out of bed. And walk to the kitchen with her next to me. She sits me down at the table and walks over to get me my plate. On the plate, is bacon, eggs, and hash brown, the amazing arroma filling my nostrols.

"This is amazing dear, thank you."

"Your welcome." She says as she sits down. We ate our eggs at the same time and then our hash brown then we started eating our bacon. I look at Monica every once in a while and she does the same. As I bite into my last peace of bacon, she's on her second to last piece. We just watch each other, Not talking, just being in each others presence. "Tarrant?" 

"Yes?" her face becomes serious.

"Why were you crying?" I don't want to lie to her but I know if I told her why she would tell me it's fine and it's not 'fine'. She almost died because I 'had' to make sure that the stupid red queen and her fake boyfriend went where they were supposed to go.

"Don't worry about it dear." was all I could say. She doesn't need my demons to become apart of hers. She has enough to worry about with her own.

"If there is something wrong, you would tell me wouldn't you?" Her face becomes more serious and worried. I just nod.

You fool.

shut up Monster.

You just lied to her face, and you guys are getting married today, and you can't even tell her the basic truth if your okay.

You of all people know I'm not okay.

That is true. Okay, just take what I say as a grain of salt.

Yeah, yeah, I know.

I come back to reality and Monica is look at me with all worry.

"Tarrant." She asks with fear in her eyes. "Are you back?" I nod yes. I look at her and I'm holding her to the ground. I pull away and run to the door and look at her. Worry and fear mixed on her face. 

"I'm sorry." was the last thing I say before running to the Queens castle.