Chapter 22

I wake up early to get in the shower. I know I'm going to be druleing today. I don't want to go out today. My hatter's not out there, so I don't see a point. But Alice is going to be upset if I don't go. After my shower. I put on my other black dress. (Photo) Then I look at the time and it says 8:30 AM.  I hear a knock on the door. Obviously Alice. I walk to the door and open it.

"Morning Alice."

"Good morning Monica." She says, her eyes shimmering as much as her smile is big. "Are you ready for tea?"

"As much as I'll ever be." I sigh and walk outside. The sky has clouds blocking the sun, still the outside burns my eyes. "Hold on Alice my eyes need to adjust." I say as I rub them and blink.

"I told you you've been inside to long." I hold my hand out for her take, she does and we walk to the table. When we get there everyone is in their seat. They look at me with disbelief.

"Monica?" Mally says.

"Welcome back dear." Chesh says. It struck me hard because Tarrant use to call me that. I just bow my head in response. I sit in my seat. And Alice sits in hers. I look to my left and see Tarrant's seat. I look at it while everyone is talking and having fun. The outside reminded me to much of him, I'm glad that I could stay at the house for forever after today.

"Monica would you like some tea?" I hear Alice ask. She pulls me from my trance and I turn to her. Her face full of worry. She must have been watching me.

"Yes please." She pours the cup and hands it to me. "Thank you." I take a sip and everyone is quiet and watches. "What?" They are still quiet. But they aren't looking at me anymore.

"May I have this seat?" I hear and man with a groggy voice but it sounds extremely familiar. I turn around.