Chapter 16

I need to find Tarrant. I head towards the white queens Palace and see Tarrant.

"Tarrant!" I call. He looks around and locks his eyes with mine.

"Monica." He jogs to me. "How did it go?"

"It was going good..." I trailed off.

"That's great. So she's fighting?"

"I don't know." I say waiting for his expression to change. His eyes become silver. I grab his cheeks and press my forehead to his. Watching his eyes. They come back.

"Never the matter." His voice shaky.

"What? I thought it was a big deal." I whisper.

"Shh..." he gives me a long short peck of a kiss. "Let's go back to the house."

"Okay." Our faces separate and he holds his arm out for me to take, I do and we walk back to our house. He sits me on the coach and goes and makes tea. "Tarrant?"

"Hmm..."

"Why isn't it a big deal?"

"Shh..." he says handing me a cup of tea. "Here's some tea." He says sitting next to me. I take a sip. It tastes funny.

"What's in this?"

"Nothing. Just something to relax you. It won't affect you negatively. I wouldn't give you something that would hurt you. And I am going to drink some to." And he takes a sip of his then slumps into the couch and holds his arms out for me to cuddle with him.

"You gave me something to calm me down without telling me."

"Yes. I mean how else was I going to do it? You wouldn't have done it if I told you it was what it is."

"That is true." I lean into his open arms. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I hope he comes back.

*hatters Pov *

I hope I come back to her. Even if we lose, I hope I get to be with her in the end.