Chapter III

Gwaine's POV...

I wake up with my arms around Renner. What the hell was I thinking. I'd be glad to. Is what I'd said. Why the bloody hell would I say that. Shes my enemy, we hate each other. Now she knows about my life, now she could find a way to use it against me. All these thoughts race through my head at once and I quickly shake them away. The only thought I cant shake is the one that I'm falling in love. "Don't be daft Stark, she's your enemy". I tell my self. I hear Renner start to stir. "Morning". She says sleepily. "Morning". I reply as I get up. "I have work to do, stay down here". I say before leaving.

I emerge up on deck. The crew is hard at work. I take the helm from my first mate and watch as he get to work scrubbing the deck. I still can't shake the felling that I'm falling for Renner. That's it. I think to my self. The longer she's on my ship the more she's going to have this affect on me. I have to get rid of her. I spin the ship quickly. I watch as some of my crew fall onto the deck. "Cap'n where we be headed?" One of my crew asks. "Dhelhanear". I answer some of the crew recognise the name and gasp. "Your not a cod fish! Get back you work you yellow liveried mutts!" I order and they scurry back to their stations. My mind wonders back to Jen. Oh no, I'm using her first name. I'm pulled out of my thoughts by my first mate. "Cap'n". He says and I turn around to see him holding Jen in his arms her hands behind her back. "I found her rummaging around your sister cabin cap'n".

"Give her here!" I order and he does as I say. "Take over!" I order. "Aye aye cap'n". He replies and I quickly disappear below deck before any of the crew spot her. Once where out of sight I push her in front of me. "I thought I told you to stay in my cabin!" I yell. She steps back a little. "I_I_I didn't think it would hurt for me to sit in your sister cabin". She stutters and a tear trickles down her face. Why is she crying. I ask my self. I step forward and wipe away her tear. "Come on". I say as I walk past her and she follows me.

We enter my cabin and I watch as she curls up on my bed her back towards me. "Look, I'm sorry I never meant to shout, it's just, ugh I don't know what it is". I say slumping down in my chair and also turning my back to her. I hear roll over. "It's okay". She says barely above a whisper. She doesn't say anything else and neither do I. After about half an hour I turn around and see her fast asleep. Then I realise that she hasn't eaten for a few days she must be starving. I get up and quickly leave the cabin.
I return with some food. She's still sound asleep. I place the food on the dresser next to the bed. She shivers in her sleep and I relies it's actually quite cold in here. I quickly light the fire and pull the blankets over her. I leave her a note. Jen, I know you bored sat down here, but please stay in my cabin only. I promise I will find you something to do soon. Oh and enjoy your food, Gwaine.

______________________________________________________

Jen's POV...

I awake to find Gwaine gone. There's a note on the dresser and I quickly read it. My stomach instantly growls at the mention of food. I pick up what he made for me and tuck in. I lick the plate clean once I'm finished. I grab the photos and cross my legs. I slowly flip through them looking at every photo. I take my time as I know I'm stuck in this cabin bored till he returns. My mind wonders towards him. He's been so nice to me, despite that fact that he can remember that we hated each other. I however can not as my memories still haven't returned and it's been two days since I passed out. Although I'm not sure that I even want to remember anymore. I don't want this innocent image I have of Gwaine to change. He had to do what he did to survive. I actually feel sorry for him. After a while of looking through the photos I find my self falling asleep.

I awake to the sound of someone sniffling. I notice that the chair in the room is occupied. I look down at the pictures and notice one is missing. Gwaines mother. I get out of bed and slowly walk toward the chair. I stand over him, he's looking down at the picture. I notice a tear land on to the photo. I bend down in front of him. His eyes are squeezed shut. I wipe away his tears with my thumb. I don't say anything until I really need to brake the silence. "You loved her huh?" I ask and he nods. "I'm sure she loved you very much and that she's watching you right now thinking of how proud she is of you for taking such good care of your sister when you where so young". I watch as a small smile plays on his lips. I stand up placing a gentle hand on his shoulder before walking back over to the bed. "Thanks Jen I needed to hear that". He says as he stands and comes over. He place the picture back where it was and closes the book.
He takes my hands and drags me to my feet. "Come on". He says as he drags me out the cabin. "Where are we going?" I laugh. "You'll see". He replies as he continues to pull me behind him.

We go though many doors and through the crews sleeping quarters till we come out at the stern of the ship. I instantly feel the cool sea breeze on my face as we come out onto a little bay area. The Suns warm rays seep into my skin and I close my eyes. "No one will find us here". Speaks Gwaine. I open my eyes and hug him. "Thank you". I say before turning back round and putting my hands on the banister. I close my eyes once again and let the sun shine on my face. I open my eyes as I feel Gwaine's hands come over mine and his body press against my back. I feel his warm breath on the back of my neck and a shudder. I ignore it and watch as the sun starts to set.

_______________________________________________________