5. Back Home.

Zak Bagans

When I finally stumbled back into Longfellows, I still had no idea what happened the last two days. All I remember is getting angry with Marilyn Thursday night, and then – I don't really remember much of the past two days, and here I am on Saturday night, just stumbling back into Longfellows. I clutched the railing of the stairs as I went up them, my vision still blurry. Had I really drank that much? My stomach was feeling dizzy and I knew it was going to explode at any second. I remembered where Jerusha's room was – so I made my way there, jibbling the door handle until it finally swung open.

The room was empty.

I didn't take much thought to it. Marilyn probably went off with Ashley, or maybe the boys. I threw myself on the bed, before someone else came into the room. Nick stood there, with a hard expression on his face. “Zak, where the hell have you been? You missed investigation!”

“Shut up, dad.” I growled at him, “I don't even remember where I've been. So chill out.” Nick simply rolled his eyes at me, and crossed his arms. He looked like a child as he did this, and I couldn't help but laugh.

“Chill? Do you not realize why this room is empty, Zak?” Nick replied.

“No,” I said, “Marilyn went off to do something, it's fine.” Nick shook his head, unraveling his arms and pressing his fingers to his temples.

“Zak I don't think you understand,” Nick began, “Marilyn isn't even in this state. She went back home. She told me to give you this.” And with a fling of his hand, Nick tossed something on the bed. I watched it bounce, roll, then finally rest on it's side. I stared at it, my heart sinking. “She's done.”

With those words, a small diamond shone back at me from the ring.

Marilyns engagement band.

Marilyn Anderson

I was happy to be home, which is close to the truth. I was happy to be sleeping in my own bed, and seeing my own house. Surprisingly enough, when I walked in the door to the apartment – nothing was destroyed. Everything was picture perfect, the photos were on the wall, the remote was on the couch arm, it was.. still. I itched my forehead and closed the door as I drug my bag to my bedroom. I sighed as I smiled into my room, perfect – just how I left it, if you exclude the dirty clothes, messy bed, and stray cups.

As I tossed my bag on the bed, my phone began playing Justin Bieber, so, I pulled it out and looked at the caller I.D. “My Hubby” was displayed across the screen, I ignored the call, pushing the phone back into my pocket and sighing softly.

I knew that it was a better decision going home than staying in Massachusetts, but what else could I do? There was no why I was going to stay in Massachusetts when Zak was.. being Zak. I was already pissed at him as it was, there was no way I was just going to stop being mad at him, because knowing me I was never going to forgive him, which wasn't a very good option either.

Why can't I just make up my mind?

My mind is spinning.

I just want to get out of it, maybe sleep it off.

That sounds good. I pulled myself into a ball, and pulled the covers over my head – and with the comfort of my ghosts watching me, I slept.

Zak Bagans

A week later, there were no missed calls, no texts, not one E-mail from Marilyn. She had neglected to answer any of my own. I'm alone, and I hate this. My eyes looked like cherries from all the crying I have done. Yeah, I know. “Zak Bagans?! Crying?! No way!” Yeah, it's true. I have been sobbing my heart out for the past week and a half, and my girlfri-err, ex-girlfriend doesn't even care. She could care less. I heard my phone spit out dubstep music, and I moved quickly, getting up from my bed, attempting to untangle the blankets from my legs before running to the kitchen, but I failed miserably, face-planting on the floor. I kicked the blankets off me, and finished my quest for my iPhone on the counter. I didn't bother glancing at the I.D, I just clicked answer, and whispered out a hopeful, “Hello?” with a male answer, I realized it wasn't the person I wanted to talk to the most.

“Hey, Zak. It's Aaron. You okay?” I let out a soft sigh as my best friend worried about me on the other line.

“I'm fine.” I replied grimly, “Just tired.”

“Yeah, you've been tired for a week. Want to join Nick and I for some gambling? It'll be fun, maybe we can go to a club.” Aaron offered, I could almost picture his giddy smile on the other end.

“No, it's fine. You guys go ahead. I'm going to stay in.” I replied.

Aaron groaned, “No way man, If you won't come with us; we're going to come to you.” I let out a sigh, and muttered a 'whatever' before Aaron hung up the phone.

Great.

I threw myself back in my bed once I found myself back upstairs and fell asleep.

Marilyn Anderson

I read the text again, I can't believe my mom wanted me here.

Pennhurst State School and Asylum.

I couldn't believe I was back here. The car was off, and I was sitting in front of the administration building,waiting for the eager paranormal investigators. She wanted me to do a paranormal investigation with a few of the people who wanted to come. My mother agreed, and I was stuck here for the night. Why me?

A car pulled up behind mine, and I hopped out of the cooper, running my hands through my hair and making my way to the doors of the administration building – the only building that was at least half decent on the inside. Wonder why. “Good Evening!” I smiled at the men as they got out of their car, “I'm here to assist you on your investigation. How are you all tonight?” I put on my best game face.

“We're good!” The man that looked about my age, with brown hair and blue eyes – a tattooed neck peeking out from his jacket, “How are you?”

“A little worried actually,” I laughed, “Last time I was here I had a horrible incident.”

“Oh?” The man smiled, ignoring his crew and walking over to me, “What happened? Did you get hurt? I'll kick a ghosts' ass if they hurt you – you’re too beautiful for that.” I giggled as my cheeks turned red.

“Well,” I laughed, “I'll make sure they're aware of that. Are you ready for the lockdown?” The man gave me a weery look.

“The what?” He asked. I shook my head.

“Oh nothing,” I replied. And for the first time in what seemed like forever – I started to miss Zak.

---

Halfway through the investigation, they found the room I dreaded the most. Mr. Orrs room. All of my demonic experiences had been in that room, and my heart stopped when I saw the door to that room through the light of the flash light. “Lets go in here, I'm feeling a weird vibe from that room.” I smiled softly when the men looked at me.

“Marilyn, is it alright if we go in here?”

“Oh sure,” I smiled, “That's alright.” I sucked in my breath, didn't talk, and followed them in the room. I wasn't sure what was going to go down – but I hoped that it wouldn't hurt me. Who am I kidding? It's Mr. Orr – like he was going to leave me alone.

=

Guys I'm so sorry this is late. My computer was broke and I've been totally busy! But it's up!