14. IDEFK

Marilyn Anderson POV

“So tell me,” Zak smiled, strutting out of the bathroom, completely naked except for a silky, cheetah print bathrobe that draped to about half-way down his thighs, totally showing off his hairy legs. His wet hair was matted ever so slightly on his head, and spiky on the hairline. It kind of reminded me of the old “Zak Hair”. It made me smile, “What do you think?” Zak struck a few poses, and then smiled at me, putting one foot on the bed and putting his hands on his hips – then flashing me a cheesy, cheek-to-cheek smile. 

“Oh, tots rad.” I laughed, crossing my arms over my chest and smirking.

“Oh c'mon baby.” Zak smirked, “You know you want this.” Zak turned around, and shook his butt. I laughed softly.

“Oh, a girl can only dream.” I teased. Zak laughed at this, and strutted back to the bathroom before shutting the door. When I was sure that Zak wasn't about to come out and totally tackle me while he was 100% naked, I pulled out my brand new iPhone 5c and dialed my moms number. It rang once, twice, three times – before she finally picked up.

“Marilyn!” She greeted happily, like there was no other care in the world.

“Hey mommy.” I smiled into the phone.

“How are you doll? Feeling better, I hope.” Mom smiled into the phone.

“I'm better than I could've hoped to be. I'm just glad I'm not cooped up in a hospital.” I said, “Can you do me a favor?” 

“ Whatcha need?” Mom asked. 

“Could you run home to my apartment and grab me a few outfits? Zak only brought a few and lord knows the man can't match for the life of him.” I replied simply. Mom laughed for a moment, then she smiled into the phone.

“Not a problem.” She smiled. “I'll run them by the hotel before I go home. I was just at the asylum for a tour, Since Zak's show aired the place has been booming with activity. There's a few folks who want to buy it from us.”

“I wouldn't let them.” I replied, “It's a place of secretory, and I don't think that a person who wants to buy it for the simple reason of turning it into a parking lot would be able to handle the evil that radiate from that place.” Mom sighed, and I could hear her shift on the other end of the line.

“Alright, I'll be at the hotel in, 20?” Mom said. I smiled.

“Okay, mama. Love you lots.”

“Love you too baby.” Mom hung up then, and Zak wandered out of the bathroom.

“Who was that?” Zak asked, as he noticed I had pulled my phone down from my ear and clicked end on the phone call.

“My mom.” I replied, “She was at Pennhurst, I asked her if she could go grab me a few pairs of clothes for the next week.” Suddenly, Zak's face grew in fear, then panic. 

“Call her back.” He demanded.

“What?” I questioned, “No.” 

“Marilyn, you have to.” Zak demanded, “You don't have a choice.”

“Oh, excuse me. When did you become my dad?” I questioned him, crossing my arms and glaring at him.

“Marilyn, your mom will be in dang-” Zak stopped talking, his eyes widening, as if he was surprised at the words that came out of his mouth. 

“What?” I hissed, the words barely coming out of my mouth, “What the hell are you keeping from me, Zachary?” I wanted to yell, I wanted to scream – but I kept my cool.