12. 5 Steps To Rid Of Evil

Chapter 12

News had gotten out.

I had left Marilyn's hospital room to wander down to the gift shop to buy her some flowers, preferably daises (those were her favorite) and a big teddy bear. But, while in the gift shop, I heard the TV mutter out my name.

“Zak Bagans, lead investigator of the hit TV show, Ghost Adventures, has suddenly appeared in Pennsylvania. Is it to see his ex-girlfriend, or make a lead on another girl? Sources tell us that. Zak's Ex-girlfriend, Miss. Anderson had fallen into a coma, and is now in the hospital. My reporting crew and I have made our way to Pennsylvania to find out. Back to you Jeff.” The screen faded out to the news forecaster, and I mentally smacked myself.

I knew I shouldn't have put it on twitter that I wouldn't be on for a while. Now the secret is out, and there were two choices.

ignore the news lady, push past her and the cameras to my car and drive really, I mean really fast out of this place and back to Nevada.

2. Talk to the news lady about what had happened to Marilyn, and that she would be better soon.

And to be honest, I was leaning more towards option one.

Quickly, and as non-recognizable as possible, I dropped off the flowers and bear to Marilyn's room, and began making my way to my car that was in the parking lot. Since I was choosing to stay here for a few days – to see when Marilyn was going to wake up, I was staying in a fancy hotel. I took this as a business opportunity, maybe meet some fans who didn't get the chance, and maybe I could tangle with the spirits that infested Marilyns home. That's something I not only wanted, but actually needed to do, and that was to go after the spirits that reside in Marilyn's house, and hopefully I could get to the source of this madness.

Yet who was I kidding? Her house was the portal to hell, and I was the person that was stupid enough to make the choice to try to tame the spirits in the first day, so in some picture, I caused this entire situation.

I found myself at Marilyn’s front door, and as I pushed the door open, it squeaked creepily, and then was followed by an eerie, Deep silence. Marilyn's home was always friendly, but as I walked inside, I realized how spooky this home really was. The shades were drawn, and some plates were left in the sink. I let out a breath, this was just another investigation, nothing to worry about. I shut Marilyn's front door, and slowly walked over to the bar stools, sliding up on one, I powered up my macbook, attempting to ignore the feeling of somebody watching over my shoulder. I opened up the sound reading software, and hooked up the spirit box.

I wasn't sure of how intelligent the spirits in this house were, but I knew they were powerful – almost too powerful for even my crew to handle. I began recording, and said nothing for a moment, I simply sat and listened.

“He's back!”

“He's not suppose to come back!”

“He's going to ruin us!”

The spirit box began talking, not to me, but to each other it seemed as if there were 2 spirits that were having a conversation, and pretending like I could not hear them, or maybe they simply didn't know that I could.

“Who's in this house?” I asked, directly to the spirit box, almost afraid to look around.

“Such a petty question, Mr. Bagans.”

Taken back, I rose my eyebrows and sat up in the chair, crossing my arms. “Excuse me?”

“You know who's in this house! THINK ABOUT IT!”