15

Chapter 15.

Zak Bagans.

I could have avoided this entire situation if I knew how to open my mouth and actually tell Marilyn things. Maybe she wouldn’t be mad at me right now. I had dialed Father Ashcrafts number, and was sitting in the bathroom, the door locked, and the room filled with silence. Marilyn was pissed off, I would be too. I wasn’t sure where she went. I was sure she had left, I had heard the door slam shut.

Father Ashcraft put it simply, I was fucked. If Marilyns mother went into Marilyn’s apartment, the spirits that resided in her home wouldn’t resist to kick her ass. I was afraid that Marilyn’s mother wouldn’t know how to defend herself - and lets be honest, there is no right way to defend yourself against angry spirits.

I let out a long breath before standing up, I fucked up big time.

Marilyn Anderson.

I figured it would take over 19 hours to drive from Vegas to Pennsylvania - which I did not have the gas for, nor the car. I kept dialing moms number, and no matter how high my hopes were she’d answer, she never did.

I had come to the conclusion that I was loosing my mother. She was going to get possessed and attached and killed and I couldn’t do anything because Zak didn’t know how to fucking open his mouth. I hate him. I honest to god do.

I was walking the street, I wasn’t sure where I was.  I looked around, sighed, and watched the houses beside me. That’s when I recongnized one, Nicks house. I was excited when I noticed this, maybe he could help me.

I walked to the front door, shivering at the cold. I knockedon the door a few times, and after a moment, the door opened.

“Marilyn?” Nick asked, “What’s up?”

“Freezing,” I laughed.

“Come in, Come in.” Nick said, ushering me in, “We’re just having dinner, join us?”

“Whos at the door?” Nicks wife, Vern, called.

“Marilyn,” Nick replied, “Mind if she comes and stays in?”

“Of course she can, she’s like family.” I smiled at that.

I walked in, and was instently overwhelmed with the warm smells coming from the house, “So, Marilyn.” Nick smiled, leading me through the hallway, “What brought you here?”

“Zak’s a fucker.” I replied. Nick laughed whole heartedly.

“Oh, yeah.” Nick replied, “I have experience.”

“Yeah, well.” I laughed.

“Like that time he wanted me to stay in the mourge and he locked me in there? I could’ve killed him that night.” Nick laughed harder.

“I would’ve too.” I smiled.

“So, tell me what’s the problem.” Nick asked.

“Well,” I began, “Zak basically is killing my mom so.”

“What?” Nick exclaimed, his facial expression changing from happy to serious in .3 seconds.

“He didn’t tell me that the spirits in my house were trying to kill me and I asked my mom to get me clothes from my house. So, now I can’t get a hold of her and I’m pretty sure she’s dead.”

“Don’t say that Marilyn. Did you call father ashcraft? He couldn’t help you?” Nick questioned as he walked into the kitchen, where Vern was finishing up what looked to be pot roast on the stove.

“We tried, he basically said there was nothing we could do but try to get a hold of her, but we can’t so I don’t know what to do.”

“Hm..” Nick said, “Try again and again. She’ll be okay. Spirits usually don’t hurt others than the ones they were going after.”

“That’s not what Zak said-”

“Zak’s a fucker.” Nick smiled, coping my words.