9. Lizzie Borden Had An Axe

-Marilyn Anderson-

“Lizzie Borden had an axe.” I sang, obviously annoying the boys in the car – which consisted of Jay, Aaron, Zak and Billy. (The other boys had taken a separate Van). “She gave her mother forty whacks, when she saw what she had done, she gave her father forty-one.”

“Marilyn,” Zak began, looking in the backseat from the passenger side, “I would highly appreciate it if you would shut up. You've given everyone in this car ear damage with your singing already.” I halfheartedly laughed at this, realizing that Zak was joking – but it still managed to hurt my feelings slightly.

“It's not my fault you can't have fun when it's time for a lockdown.” I argued. It's not like we were on our way to the lockdown, we were on our way to view the location and to start some interviews. Zak rolled his eyes and said nothing more to me, so I pulled out my phone and began scrolling through my twitter, looking through Billys twitter, then Zaks. His twitter made me laugh, replying to giddy fans and tweeting about how obnoxious I was being – I replied with a simple, “You're just jelly because you can't sing as good as me;)” That ought to shut him up!

Suddenly, the van lurched to a stop, and I didn't have to ask if we were there yet, because the cute little house had a sign gently rocking in the wind next to it. “Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast.” What? This place was a motel? Who in their right mind would want to stay at this hell-hole, literately?

Zak hopped out of the car, anxious to get a feel to the lockdown. I turned on my camera, charging the flash before I followed Zak's move and exited the car before snapping a few shots of the location. “This house is beautiful.” I muttered next to Zak, who nonchalantly threw his arm over my shoulder before nodding.

“The most beautiful homes are the ones in which the murders happen.” Zak winked at me, “I figured you would've figured this out by now.”

“I have,” I replied, “It's just that this home.. I would love to have it to myself. I couldn't believe something has bad as murder took place here.” Zak chucked at that, and nodded his head towards the house.

“Lets get a move on,” Billy shouted, “Hurry up! Aaron wants to get some quick shots of the house before sundown!” Zak rolled his eyes softly, bored with Billy's instructions. I decided it would be best to just do as Billy said – because I didn't want either of the boys mad at me. I took Zak's hand, and tugged him over to the front porch, where a lady in the window waved at me. She was wearing 1800's attire, her hair done up in pins, wearing no makeup. She must've knew who we were – The Ghost Adventures Crew. I waved a quick hello to her. Where she replied with no expression, and a quick wave of her hand. I nodded and turned around, powering on my canon and taking a few quick shots of the house, and of Zak, Nick, and Aaron.

“Is that lady going to let us in the house to take some shots?” I asked, turning my attention from my camera, over to Zak. Zak rose an eyebrow at me as he pushed his sunglasses down to his eyes.

“There isn't anyone here, Marilyn.” Zak replied, “There won't be until tomorrow. Nobody is checked in to the bed and breakfast so staff goes home.” Zak watched me, as my face waved over in shock.

“B-but..” I stuttered, looking back at the window where the lady waved at me, “I just saw someone in the window. It was a staff member! Zak I just saw someone!” My voice got louder with each word I said, and Zak tried to hush me, taking my hand and leading me back to the other side of the house. “I saw someone inside the house! They were wearing old clothes! They were a staff member! Zak!” I yelled at him – as he gave me the look of disbelief. Zak put his hands on my shoulders, and stared at me. Waiting for me to simmer down.