7. They're going to kill you

Marilyn Anderson

I stood in the kitchen, my cupboards open, staring into the bareness of them as my stomach erupted in growls. I really should buy some groceries, or at least edible food. The only thing that sat in my cupboard was half a bag of stale Doritos and an open bag of gummy bears. I let out a sigh and closed my cupboards and settled for no breakfast, again. I looked down at my phone, hoping for a text of some sort or maybe a call from a friend. But of course, nothing. I guess it's just another simple day of being bored out of my mind my only friend will be the ghosts who inhabit my home.

And then suddenly, to my surprise. I got a text, from an unknown number.

Meet me outside in 5.

I rose my eyebrows, thinking I should text it back to see who it is – and hopefully it wasn't a mass murder and I was his next victim. But oh hell, why not? It's not like this day was going to get any better. I slipped on my sparkly snow boots, and put on my white north-face jacket before heading out my apartment door into the cold winter air. I looked around quickly, not noticing anybody. Then I saw it, a car running in the snow. A white suburban. I stared at it, until after a few moments someone got out. They were wearing all black – black jeans, black jacket, black hat, black gloves, even his framed glasses were black, all but red shoes. I rose my eyebrows – because there was only one guy I knew who dressed like that. His hand was held behind his back, and he slowly walked towards me.

I stared at him, not able to say a word. He faced me, his pointy nose and his beautiful smile on his lips. “Marilyn, I know you don't want to see me.” He began, “And I know you're mad at me. But I love you, and I don't want it to end because I was an idiot.” He pulled his hand out from behind his back, and I realized it was a bouquet of flowers. And there it was my, engagement ring that I thought had been thrown out when I got mad at him. I tried to hold back my tears, but they watered in my eyes and fell down my face, “What you don't realize is, baby – you're my soul mate.” I threw myself to Zak, throwing my arms around him, crying into his shoulder.

“I'm so sorry.” I cried to him, “I'm so sorry.” Zak said nothing, just held me there, his arms around me. And somehow – I knew this was the right thing.

That night, Zak decided that he was to sleep over – since he didn't necessarily like the hotel scene and according to him it was, “Cold and uninviting”, my house can be both those things half the time, well most the time actually.

Zak was sitting on the couch, figuring out what movie to watch that we had rented. Saw V or the Grudge. We decided on a scary movie, nothing with ghosts, since the ghosts in my house probably wouldn't be too up for that. I was in the kitchen, mixing up some popcorn and kisses in a bowl to eat while we watch movies.

Zak's feet padded it's way into the kitchen, before they stopped behind me. Zak's arms wrapped around my waist, and his lips met my neck. “Zak,” I smiled before melting into it.

“Baby, you know it's been a long time since we -” Zak whispered in my ear, “The last time we did anything was.. hell back in the dungeon.” I didn't reply, just enjoyed his lips on my skin, before I turned around and kissed his lips. And when I went to pull away, Zak was right there – pulling me closer. His tongue prodded against my lips, begging for entry, and finally when I allowed him to have it, he went crazy. He fought with my tongue, running It over mine and over my lips. His hands caressed my body and I moaned into his kiss. He smiled at that.

He picked me up, and I agreed by wrapping my legs around his waist. He walked me out of the kitchen, into the bedroom, his lips not once leaving mine. He threw me down on the bed, watching me suspiciously for a moment, before grabbing the head-hole of his shirt and pulling his shirt over his head, throwing it on the floor. His perfectly chizzled abs illuminated in the moonlight from the window. Zak climbed onto the bed, crawling up my body before his face met mine again, and he pushed my hair out of my face before crashing his lips to mine again – harder than ever before. His body grinded against mine, and I could feel him – all of him, and I loved every second of it.