Fairy Tale AU - Gumball

Haha, you dudes have no idea how freaking excited I was to write these four chapters. I loooove AUs, or Alternate Universes. They have so much potential and creativity, I just- Nevermind my rambling, just go read, k?

Alternate Universe: Red Riding Hood

Once upon a time, there was a girl, with fox ears and a tail. Only few knew her by her name, but most knew her as 'Red Riding Hood.' Why you may ask? Well, whenever she would go outside, she would wear a red cloak, red as a cherry. She was as innocent as can be, and the most fairest of all the girls in the village. It was too bad she declined marriage proposals, as she believed she would do fine on her own. Alas, most were worried for her, as curious and innocent as can be, she usually wondered into trouble.

"Hey mom? Can I go to grandmas? I haven't seen her forever." She whined, her ears pinned to her head. Taking another bite of her soup, she enjoyed the warm feeling and the sweet taste as it raced down her throat. Her mother was stirring the soup in the pot, patiently waiting for her significant other to arrive home. [Your Name] swung her legs back and forth, inspecting the tables' patterns and colors. Waiting for her mothers' response, quite impatiently, she quietly growled.

"Well...She just lives so far away. Would you be safe even? You're just prone to trouble, and it seems to follow your shadow." She stressed, stirring the pot even faster. Rolling her eyes, her mother could be such a worrier some times. No matter, [Your Name] were the master at getting her way.

"I know mom, but grandma is lonely in the woods, and no one ever sees her, or write letters asking for her well-being. And you do know that I am her favorite, riiight?" The girl gloated, chuckled ever so slightly. Her mother stopped her stirring, turning around, looking her daughter in the eye. The smile on [Your Name] vanished quickly, seriousness on their faces. After a while, the mother sighed, giving in. She knew she wouldn't win, as her daughter was stubborn.

"...Fine. Only because she needs company." And with that, [Your Name] succeeded, and nothing was going to stop her.

Or so she thought.

- - -

Aha! Grabbing my red clock, and the basket filled with delicious goods, I ran downstairs with haste, eager to venture off into the woods. It was so pretty, the delicate butterflies doing their business, and the earthy smell gave me nostalgia. I didn't know why though. Greeting my mother at the door,I gave her a goodbye kiss on the cheek, her smiling warmly at me. "Be careful, okay? Straight to grandma's house, no where else. Don't wander off, and do talk to any strangers." Nodding, her wise words went through one ear and out the other, my mind wandering off to the woods and the adventuring I would do. "Okay, I love you." opening the door, I headed out.

Walking into the enormous village, many people waves and acknowledged me, and I waved back. I didn't really care, as I was eager to venture into the woods. My red cloak flew in the wind, and the fast paced I was, and I felt awesome. Grabbing my hood, I pulled it over my head, not wanting to be seen. In just a few minutes, I was met with the edge of the woods, with a sign that read; This is Elmore Woods. ENTER WITH CAUTION, DANGEROUS ANIMALS MIGHT ATTACK. DO NOT EAT.

"Hah, nothing big. This'll be a breeze." You said with confidence, walking into the woods' path with a cheerful stride.

. . .

It had been a while since you entered the woods, and the atmosphere was a little eerie. You ignore the feeling in your stomach however, enjoying the beauty of nature. You hummed a little, a fake smile on your face. On the inside, you were filled with paranoia, and a bit of fear. The signs' caution made you weary, but you tried your hardest to hide it. Little did you know was that there was a neko watching you very carefully.