SOFT MUD

taehyung focus[this is set five days after the last                          chapter btw

taehyung focus
[this is set five days after the last                          chapter btw.]

one of taehyung's exam subjects that he chose to study was geography, a subject that jungkook also studied but in a different class. randomly, their teachers decide to combine the classes and form a geography trip with them.

which is why taehyung is currently stood outside a grimy bus, bundled head to toe in rainproof clothing. his mom refusing to let her son out in the rain without fully proofing him in plastic.

the rain patters against the bus window, loudly - the weather matching taehyung's grey mood.

taehyung was hesitant; an overnight trip? he didn't want to go but his mom applied for taehyung to go on the trip, thinking that her son would be okay. besides its 'help with exams' apparently.

he sighs, gripping the letter with his mom's approved signature and hoists the strap of his backpack further up his shoulder. he sighs once more as he lines up next to namjoon.

"alright kids! as you see, we've joined up with the other geography class to go on this trip! let's breathe in mother nature and become one with earth!" mrs song yells happily, wisps of her hair flattening against her forehead by the strong wind.

"i rather become one with hye jin, not fucking cow shit." namjoon grumbles, "also don't see why we have to stay in separate tents." namjoon grunts as he bounds up the stairs of the bus, taehyung following suit.

"you know exactly why." taehyung replies, namjoon grinning as he made his way through the cramped bus aisle. he flops on to a seat at the back, besides the window and lets taehyung sit next to him.

"ah, i don't wanna do this stupid trip. studying plants and then mapping out the whole godamn park in groups sounds shit. and a barbecue in the rain doesn't sound much like fun." taehyung mumbles, reading the information written on a leaflet that a teacher had handed him.

"taehyung?" taehyung looks up from the laminated green paper to see jungkook frowning.

"you're gonna be okay, right?" jungkook asks, furrowing his eyebrows a little. taehyung nods quickly and turns away before jungkook could question further and spark namjoon's interest.

in the corner of his eye, he sees jungkook frown a little more before walking towards the back of the coach. jimin following him, he punches taehyung's shoulder as he walks by.
the latter chuckles and buckles his seatbelt, waiting for the bus to start up and trundle down rocky roads to the camping grounds.

+

seoul's nature park was a gloomy forest area, all grass, tall trees and dark clouds. the usual july sun disappearing for the day.

taehyung pulls up the hood of his raincoat and marches along with his class to the field where they'd sleep. girls and guys complaining as their shoes sunk into the wet mud and dirtied their branded shoe wear.

taehyung rolls his eyes at the whines coming out from his classmates mouths.
his classmates and him stood in the rain as their supervising teachers instructed how to build up their own tents. the teachers hands out packs of tent material, silver prongs and poles to each pair of students and gave them an area to set up camp.

of course, namjoon wanted to be rebellious and decided to sleep the nearest to the edge of the forest, instead of sleeping near the teacher's tents.

namjoon and taehyung (well mainly taehyung since namjoon gave up halfway after causing a small hole in the tent. taehyung had sighed loudly and told namjoon to sit quietly near him and to not touch anything) set up camp.

amongst the girls whining excessive about the mud under their fingernails and the boys giggling as they jab at each other childishly with the tent poles, a certain someone yelps "oh shit!" before falling and pulling the tent down with him.

"oi jeon! can't you make a tent?" coach han yelled, the burly man walking over. taehyung shivered when he found out  that coach han would be one of the supervisors. he wasn't fond of the coach, not after making taehyung run a 1500m lap for sleeping in the changing rooms, in his first year of high school.

"kim! come here and help him!" the coach orders and half the class turns around, wondering which kim he meant.

the coach groans, "kim taehyung - your tent looks good, come over here and help this idiot." taehyung laughs as he nears jungkook who's still tangled in the green tent cover. he outstretches a hand and pulls the younger to his feet, chuckling.

"taehyung, help us!" jimin begs, "the idiot over here probably ripped loads of holes into the tent." jungkook glares at him. taehyung just laughs and starts to gather the tent poles and prongs. he instructs the younger to hold them and taehyung almost wanted to laugh at how concentrated jungkook looked to build a tent.

"goes here right?" he queries and taehyung nods, stifling a smile as the younger roughly shoves half the tent pole into the soft mud.

"jungkook! you've practically dug right into the fucking core of the earth!" jimin yells, taking the pole from the confused boy.
taehyung shakes his head, laughing.