325 KILOMETRES

[this chapter doesn't really have a proper "focus" so it doesn't tell you who it's focusing on exactly. but you can tell by the '+'s that it's going on to someone else's focus.

this chapter is just random fillers of what's going in on their lives lol, enjoy dis chapter!!]

.

jungkook left for college with bags packed and a clouded mind, his mind full of thoughts about several things.

                               +

taehyung stayed locked inside his room, sadness filling him up from head to toe. he moved from the confines of his room occasionally to walk to the grocers or meet up with namjoon and talk aimlessly.
that was all taehyung did throughout the summer holidays; blank and tired from the lack of sleep.

but the end of the holidays were nigh and taehyung found himself dressed in old tracksuit bottoms and a worn hoodie, and walking into songyeondan college - about to start a new semester. his mom fussed with his boxes and luggage besides him, looking every so often to make sure her son wasn't resembling a zombie.

"son, please enjoy college. forgot about jungkook and think about all the lovely people you can meet here! it's a good time to make new friends and who knows? maybe even a new boyfriend?" miss kim says, forcing herself to keep smiling for her son.
taehyung sighs and nods, walking into the dorm lifts with his cardboard boxes.

                                 +

jungkook finally arrived at the prestigious busan college of computing and business, his heart pounding and full of dread.

his first day at BCCB was uneventful, he found his dorm and unpacked. neither his mom not dad came to help him unpack or wish him luck for college, all he got was a warm text message of ji yeon telling him that she loves him, a lot.

jungkook flopped back onto his bed and heaved a great sigh.

he hears his new dorm room open but he doesn't lift his head up.

"yo, im your roommate i guess. im min yoongi, gay and loves drinking so i hope you don't mind me jacking off to a guy in the shower and bringing home alcohol."
jungkook says nothing.

                                   +

"ah, the dorm room's nice!" miss kim says enthusiastically, smiling at the basic furniture and cream coloured walls. taehyung shrugs.
he places his moving boxes on his bed and sighs.

"mom, if you want - you can leave now. i know you have work soon and it's a long drive from home." taehyung says as he picks at the holes in his hoodie.

"son-"

"go home mom, and be careful driving. im going to be fine, ill call you tonight."

miss kim watches her son warily before lining taehyung's suitcase against the wall. "fine, make sure you get some sleep okay?" his mom says, brushing his fringe out his eyes and kissing him on the forehead. taehyung doesn't say anything as his mom leaves, he just stares blankly outside the window and on to the college ground where new students milled around.

im not in the mood for school.

                                  +

jungkook sits up on his bed and chats happily with yoongi about the dorm room. he was desperate to make a friend and not end up doing college alone - all of his high school friends applied for college in seoul, none going to the private college he was now attending.

but paying a hell of sum surely paid off, seeing as jungkook was placed in a fairly luxurious room with bunk beds and an en suite bathroom.

"so you're doing business?"

"yeah, dad made me."

"oh, im doing computing - mom made me."

"nice, looks like we're in the same boat then yoongs."

"don't call me that. it's hyung."

"yoongs hyung."

"stop, kookie."

                                  +

taehyung unpacks with the pace of an injured turtle; incredibly slow.

after unpacking he decides to try napping. it doesn't work of course.
if only jungkook was here and not 325 kilometres away, he thought, lying in his unmade bed and struggling with finding sleep.

                                 +

jungkook, on the other hand, giggled and joked with yoongi, enjoying making fun of the black haired boy.

jungkook looks at the time, his smile falling from his lips.

taehyung would want to sleep around now, he thought.

"jungkook, im going out to the student information office - my timetable's fucked up and i need to fix it." yoongi says, jungkook mutters a quiet bye before switching his phone on and going to the phone icon.

the whole summer, he hasn't called nor messaged taehyung but he decides to change that. his thumb hovers over taehyung's contact.

                                 +

taehyung rolls over in bed to grab his phone off the the nightstand, grabbing the vibrating device. he swipes a finger against the screen and presses it against his ear. "hello?" he says, not checking the caller ID.

"taehyung? hey." jungkook says, taehyung's heart swells unwillingly at the sound of his voice.

taehyung swallows, "why are you calling me?"

"uh, well you haven't slept right? how about we talk until you fall asleep? maybe talking will help you fall asleep?"