SUGAR

taehyung focus
taehyung was so confused about jungkook.

should he confess? does jungkook like him? will jungkook try out those long term relationships with him? is jungkook gonna find him weird and never talk to him again?

oh god, taehyung thinks as he rubs his temples with his fingers. he watches jungkook bicker to himself about what ice cream topping they should add. taehyung really doesn't care about the toppings, he just wants jungkook's attention. but jungkook was adamant to bring the topic on whether chocolate chips or flakes would make his ice cream more chocolate-y.

finally it was taehyung's turn to pick. and because taehyung was stressing the fuck out with jungkook and moving to college, he decides to treat himself to more than one topping.
he grabs his order of plain vanilla ice cream with multiple strings of strawberry and chocolate sauce, coloured sprinkles, two large flakes and a bunch of random assorted goodies.

"you're gonna get sick." jungkook laughs when he looks at taehyung's  overflowing ice cream. taehyung shrugs as he sits down at one of the ice cream parlour's tables.

time to say something, taehyung. do the surprise factor and just tell him!

"so how come you wanted to get ice cream?"

"o-oh uh, just uh random." no no no, don't say 'just random', say that you want to say something!!

"u-um actually-"

"can i take a bite of your ice cream? i wanna know if it tastes as sugary as it looks." jungkook says, digging in his spoon.

"yeah, here. so i-"

"you're not here for random? are you?" taehyung freezes.

how did he know how did he know how did he know how did he know

"it's about last night right?"

oh.

"that's why you're going all red and flustered." jungkook laughs, pointing his spoon at taehyung's cheeks. taehyung laughs in short stutters before fully laughing, hiding the fact that he was dying of embarrassment by laughing loudly. a little too loud.

"last night was fun, but y'know?"

"what?" taehyung asks as he contemplates whether he should bury his face and cry into his sugar infused dessert or eat the damn thing.

"what's that thing? oh, no homo."

taehyung looks up, ah not that infamous line.

taehyung nods slowly and starts to scoop into his ice cream, time to mope silently and forever.

"it was-. oh hi." jungkook starts to say but gets cut off by a couple approaching them. taehyung doesn't bother to look up from his ice cream and continues to eat his ice cream, dejected.

"hi jungkook, taehyung." taehyung looks up to see namjoon grinning down at him and not so discreetly winking at him.

oh god no.

"fancy seeing you guys here. usually this is a couple's spot." namjoon winks knowingly, wrapping an arm around a girl beside him.

taehyung turns crimson, before barking out "we're here for ice cream that's all!"
namjoon once again winks at taehyung with absolutely no subtlety.

"well, we better leave you two, alone. bye, enjoy your little date!"

taehyung feels like overdosing on sugar. he scoops a large amount of ice cream and shovels it down his mouth, he continues to do that whilst jungkook talks about how hot namjoon's new girlfriend looks.

fuck you, jungkook, for playing with my feelings like this.

how could you only comment how hot girls are when you can comment on how hot i am? taehyung thinks darkly.
he goes in for another scoop but is surprised to see the spoon hitting the plastic container.

he looks up at jungkook's desert, which the latter has abandoned.

"she looks really-" jungkook stops when he sees taehyung staring longingly at his chocolate ice cream. he pushes the small container towards taehyung, his eyes lighting up.

jungkook chuckles, "you're gonna regret this when you feel sick." taehyung simply shrugs again and eats jungkook's ice cream.

                                  +

half an hour later, taehyung was hunched up in jungkook's sheets. his stomach gurgling violently.

"eurgh, sounds nasty." jungkook comments.

"shut up."

"please don't throw up on my bed."

"i won't." taehyung says strongly as he peeks up from the covers to see jungkook studying his packing skills with hand on his hips

jungkook was right: taehyung did feel sick after completing jungkook's ice cream. jungkook had to take him back to his house, seeing as it was closer and he needed to seriously get back to packing.

so here they were, taehyung regretting eating all that ice cream and jungkook stressing over his luggage.

"how's the packing going along?" taehyung asks. most of his boxes were filled to the brim with messily packed clothing and hastily stacked cd's. jungkook sighs.

"terrible. nothing's gonna fit if i put things like this." jungkook says and pulls out a crumpled blue shirt from the pile of clothes.

"want me to help?"

"no thanks, you might throw up over my stuff."

"im not gonna vomit. i haven't vomited since i was ten." taehyung assures and sits up. jungkook looks at taehyung doubtfully.

"here pass me that." taehyung orders and jungkook passes him the shirt warily. taehyung, proud of his laundry skills, folds the blue material confidently into a neat square and passes it back to jungkook with a satisfied smile on his face.

"alright, here's another one." taehyung starts folding another one of jungkook's shirts.

maybe i should tell him now?

"can you do jeans?" taehyung nods.

"done? what about my jumpers and hoodies?" taehyung's nods again.

"then also what about my undies?"

tell him!

"hey jungk-"

"do you think you can stack cd's really nicely as well?"

"jun-" jungkook, i like you.

"wait, im asking too much. you do the clothing and i'll," he says turning around, "do the cd's!"

"oh, ew taehyung!"
he says when he turns to see taehyung throwing up liquid chocolate ice cream on his favourite pair of jeans.

oh for gods sake, let me bloody confess, taehyung groans as he stares down at the mess he's created.