Chapter 8 - A Sorry State

*Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.

*Special Note: Shout out to my dear friend, CorolineThePheonix, for creating the amazing artwork for this chapter. I love, love, LOVE it!!!

*Author's Notes: Here's Chapter 8 of 'Lost in the Fight' and it contains some classic Raph moments. XD

Thank you to all of you who have taken the time to read, vote on, and comment on 'Lost in the Fight' as well as my other stories. I appreciate it more than I can say. *hugs*

If you are enjoying 'LITF,' please continue to read/vote on/comment on this story so I know that you like it. Your feedback means a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading. ;) CJ

--------------------------

Chapter 8 - A Sorry State

Leonardo wasn't really sure just how many times he had rapped his knuckles against the door to Donatello's room now, but it had to be getting close to the hundred mark.

"Donnie, I know you can hear me. Please open the door. We just want to talk to you," Leo pleaded yet again, laying the sweetness on extra thick. Anything to get his genius brother to say something. The oldest turtle had been standing outside of Donatello's door for about fifteen minutes now and he was starting to feel a little silly talking to the large arched doorway.

Still no response followed.

Leo was seriously starting to wonder why he kept knocking over and over again. It wasn't like Donnie didn't know that they were there, but for some reason, the turtle in blue still felt obligated to knock each time before he spoke. Maybe it was because he knew that his most considerate and polite brother would extend him the same courtesy if the situation was reversed.

"Please, Donnie . . . I know that we messed up, big time, and I don't blame you for not wanting to see us, but could you please let us come in? If only just for a minute . . . We'd rather apologize to you face-to-face." Leo's voice cracked with emotion as he attempted to persuade his brainy brother to allow them entrance. He didn't want to just go barging into Donnie's room like his other brothers probably would have. After what Leo had done to make his genius brother lock himself inside of his bedroom, he felt duty-bound to respect his brother's bid for privacy, but at the same time, he wanted nothing more than to sit down beside Donnie and tell him how sorry he was.

For everything . . .

And so, Leo knocked again.

Raph leaned his shell against the wall outside of Donnie's room and tipped his head back, looking up at the ceiling impatiently. He so wasn't cut out for this waiting around crap. If he would have had his way, they would have busted down the door about fourteen minutes ago. After all, they already had plenty of things to ask for forgiveness for at this point. What would be the harm in adding a broken bedroom door to the list? The only reason that Raphael hadn't kicked the door down yet was because Leonardo had insisted that they not do anything to further upset Donnie, and since Raph had just agreed to set his differences with Leo aside for their brainiac brother's sake, he figured he should at least try to get along with his older brother for the time being. Plus, Raph knew that Master Splinter would skin him alive if he ruined yet another door in the lair, and he was already on his father's bad side as it was.

Heaving out an audible exhale to express his disapproval of their current situation, Raph rolled his eyes skyward, and then, cranked his head towards Leo. The hotheaded turtle was about to complain once more, but he thought better of it when he saw the crushed expression on his older brother's face.