Chapter 21 - Mikey's Mistakes

*Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.

*Special Note: The wonderful drawing for this chapter was done by my super talented friend, CorolineThePheonix. Isn't it amazing?!

*Author's Notes: Chapter 21 of 'Lost in the Fight' is finally here and it's all about the B Team.  Caution: this one once again made me cry while editing it. There will be much sadness, but also, lots of brotherly fluff. It's about Mikey. He's the ooey gooey cinnamon roll of the family! There has to be fluff! BOOYAKASHA! ;D

Thanks to everyone who has read, voted on, and commented on my stories. I really, really appreciate your support.

As always, if you are enjoying 'Lost in the Fight,' please take a moment to vote and/or comment on the story. I would really love to know if you like it. Thank you for reading. ;) CJ

--------------------------

Chapter 21 - Mikey's Mistakes

Mikey was teetering dangerously close to the edge of his seat while he read the latest issue of his very favorite comic book to his unconscious brother. Sure, the resident genius would have probably preferred to have someone read him one of those 'Popular Mechanics' or 'Scientific American' magazines that he liked so much, but those publications had big, hard-to-pronounce words that Mikey would surely butcher, and without Donnie awake to correct him, it just didn't seem right.

When Mikey reached the end of the double-page spread that he had been reading aloud, his big, blue eyes peered up and over his comic book to check on his injured brother's condition, just as they had done every time that he had reached the end of a page. Upon seeing that Donnie was still sleeping soundly, the younger turtle lowered his eyes back down to his comic and flipped to the next page. As he continued on with the story, he spoke a little louder than before, so as to ensure that Donnie could hear him over the sounds of the heart monitor and his troubled breathing.

All of the brothers were close, but Mikey and Donnie had formed a particularly tight bond. Even though they were pretty much polar opposites, the two youngest brothers were the best of friends.

Since Mikey was Donnie's only little brother, the genius turtle tended to watch over him like a mother hen. Despite the fact that Mikey could drive Donnie absolutely insane sometimes – constantly messing with his stuff or pestering him over some trivial thing – the older of the two turtles still did everything in his power to protect his baby brother at all times. Donatello had always felt as though it was his duty to take care of his younger sibling, no matter how annoying he could be.

It was no well-kept secret that Donnie adored Mikey . . .

The feeling was totally mutual.

Mikey looked up to his immediate older brother like he was a superhero of sorts. Whenever the youngest turtle was hurt or upset about something, it was Donnie that he would turn to. His brainy brother had always known just how to make him feel better. Well, except when he yelled at him for ruining his experiments, but that didn't happen all that much . . .

There was no one that Mikey admired more than his big brother. Donnie was super smart and amazingly talented. He could fix literally anything, which was a good thing, because Mikey could break literally anything. And not only was Donnie good at fixing things, but he was also good at teaching his baby brother all kinds of stuff, even though the younger turtle wasn't exactly the best student. Learning and listening had never been two of Mikey's strong suits. Still, that had never stopped Donnie from trying to educate and mentor his little brother, which meant the world to Mikey. That's why he tried his best to teach his genius brother stuff, too, like awesome fighting techniques and sweet new ninja moves. The youngest sibling knew that his brother could use a little help when it came to the art of Ninjutsu and hand-to-hand combat.