Chapter 10 - Message Received

*Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.

*Special Note: The awesome cover art for this chapter was created by the incredibly talented CorolineThePheonix. It's so very beautiful, my friend.

*Author's Notes: Here's chapter 10 of 'Lost in the Fight' and Donnie's brothers are on their way, but will they get there in time?

Thank you to each and every one of you who have take the time to read, vote on, and comment on this story. I truly appreciate the support.

As always, please continue to read/vote on/comment on 'Lost in the Fight' to let me know if you like it. Thank you very much for reading. ;) CJ

--------------------------

Chapter 10 - Message Received

"He's still not answering," Raph growled, about ready to crush the outer housing of his T-phone from the sheer frustration of the situation. He had called Donnie at least a dozen times now and he was getting pretty sick and tired of hearing the sound of his brainiac brother's voicemail message. If he had to listen to Donnie tell him to leave him a message one more time, he was sure he was going to break something.

Hearing Raph confirm that Donnie still wasn't answering his phone inspired Leo to push the pedal to the metal and take yet another corner about thirty miles an hour faster than what even Raph felt comfortable with. Sure, the most reckless brother liked to live on the edge and drive fast and furious, but Leo was out of control. The Shellraiser was designed from an old subway car. It wasn't exactly aerodynamically sound enough to be taking turns at a hundred miles per hour. At the excessively high speeds that Leo was currently driving, he was going to get them all killed. And even if they did somehow manage to survive the impending accident, Donnie would no doubt kill them for totaling one of his most-prized creations, all because they couldn't abide by the posted speed limit.

"Uh, Leo . . . I'm not trying to tell you how to drive or anything, bro, but you, uh, might wanna slow down just a teensy-weensy bit. Unless you wanna see and smell the burrito that I had before we left, 'cause I'm about to seriously blow chunks here. And believe me, it won't be pretty, dude. Refried beans look nasty in the first place," Mikey said and his off-color skin served as a testament to his claim. He was definitely looking a little greener than normal.

When Leo didn't take him up on his thoughtful advice, Mikey nervously tugged at his seatbelt, making sure that the safety device was good and secure, because he had a bad feeling that his oldest brother was about to test how well it worked.

The youngest turtle was presently seated in his usual spot in the Shellraiser, which they all referred to as the 'navigation station.' Raph was sitting in front of Mikey, at the 'weapons station.' Leo was at the helm, of course. Not because he was the leader, but because Donnie had decreed him the designated driver of the vehicle since Leo was the least likely to hit something just for fun.

The thought of his genius big brother made Mikey stare longingly at the bluish-gray seat across from his own. The seat where Donnie should have been sitting . . .

A gloomy sigh deflated out of the orange-masked turtle, but his moment of melancholy was soon interrupted by his oldest brother's edgy voice.

"We're almost there. Try Donnie's phone again," Leo barked over his shoulder from the driver's seat. His eyes only glanced back for a fleeting second before they were once again fixed on the road. As he continued to test the Shellraiser's top-end speed, he gripped the steering wheel so tightly, it was a wonder that he hadn't ripped it right off, or, at the very least, bent it.