Chapter 36 - Big Bang Theory

*Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.

*Author's Notes: Chapter 36 of 'Lost in the Fight' is here and this one's action-packed. 

Before jumping right into the chapter, I want to take a moment to thank everyone for reading, following, voting, and/or commenting on my stories. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I appreciate it so much.

Okay, without further ado, let's get onto the story . . . ;) CJ

--------------------------

Chapter 36 - Big Bang Theory

In all honesty, Donatello was feeling a lot more like a gutless fraidy-cat than an accomplished ninja turtle.

As much as he could use his brothers' help right about now, he was glad they weren't there to witness his current predicament, because he was pretty sure he would die of embarrassment.

The genius turtle was presently straddled over two horizontal pipes suspended from the top of the sewer tunnel, hiding from his enemies like a coward. He had used a conveniently placed sewer valve hand wheel to help him climb up on top of the pipes, which were effectively keeping him out of sight.

While Donnie kept both eyes glued on his enemies, he tried his best to disregard the painful throbbing sensation in his fractured leg that was pressed up against the pipe below him. He was also trying hard not to pay attention to how exceedingly corroded the metal brackets supporting the bulky cast iron pipes were. Even though he had lost a bunch of weight recently, he still didn't feel all that warm and fuzzy about the rusty pipes' capability of supporting him.

Pipes don't fail me now . . .

If the sewer pipes he was on were to come crashing down, Donnie could only hope that they would successfully take out the four armed Foot-bots currently standing underneath him. Because if the pipes did give way, it was highly probable that he would be in no condition to put up any kind of fight at all. Not after the heavy metal pipes broke his fall, as well as multiple bones, and possibly his shell . . .

Out of nervous habit, Donnie gnawed on his bottom lip while his eyes followed the Foot-bots' every movement. He was carefully assessing the situation and cerebrally developing a crisis management plan. The genius turtle had already taken mental note that two of the robotic soldiers were packing a mace and a katana, whereas the other pair were wielding a kama and a buzz saw. And those were just the weapons that Donatello could see from his vantage point. He was willing to bet that they were toting a lovely assortment of hidden weapons and objects to boot.

Perhaps some tantos, a few throwing knives, or maybe even a jitte or two . . . Ooh, and a set of caltrops would be nice. I haven't been tripped up by something like that for a while . . . Donnie thought sarcastically, attempting to maintain a somewhat upbeat attitude in the face of his prospective demise. It had been said that the power of positive thinking could ward off stress. He was really hoping it could ward off ever-upgrading ninja robots as well.

Logically, the brainiac turtle knew he was not the hands-down favorite to win this battle if he and the Foot-bots were to come to blows. After all, he was injured and had neglected to bring a weapon to this little get-together. His opponents, conversely, were all tuned up and armed to the teeth. But Donnie wasn't about to let something like logic, odds, and excessive weaponry stop him from at least trying. He had brains on his side and he knew that hand-to-hand – or in this case hand-to-Foot – combat was not the only way to win a battle.

A beeping sound rang out, immediately capturing the attention of everyone within hearing range. It was just the cue Donnie had been waiting for.

It was time to put his plan to the test.